Proud stir plate owner!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyherrick

Reaction score
First time posting picture and unsure of how it will work. I made a stir plate recently with the help.of many past threads. Thank you. I used parts from radio shack and a power supply from home along with a salvaged cpu fan. It was easy enough after reading and watching videos. Can't wait to put it to use. Also waiting for the true test ( stir bar in mail).

Thanks all who have posted threads about stir plates

2012-10-22 21.32.49.jpg

Not the best picture. I have a toggle switch and rheostat. I used youtube video by Yourbassman to assist in the wiring. I was using an old style soldering iron. I then wrapped electrical tape around everything. My only question is to glue the earth magnet to washer or not.

2012-10-22 21.32.17.jpg

I glued my magnet down just for safety. I didn't want the magnet flying off in the middle of the night or anything causing any problems.

I basically put the magnet in position where it made the stir bar work the best and outlined the position, put epoxy to the magnet, and taped it into position while the epoxy set. Works great and did about 6 batches with it.

Thanks for the reply. I will probably do the same. My diy electrical has me a little worried to leave run when no one is home. Happy brewing

My first yeast starter on the stirp plate is going great. I love it. I will let it go all day and then put in the fridge to crash. I am brewing a homegrown/ wild hop IPA with my brother in law tomorrow.

Back