Sierra Nevada style bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkline808

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could purchase squat 12 oz bottles. Bottles like Sierra Nevada's, Founders, Lagunitas? Normaly I would just buy a case and resuse the bottles but I need 6 cases worth of bottles in the next few weeks Thanks!

Sorry. I took a look around for you, but haven't been able to find any. Friendly with any local bars that sell SN in bottles and might save them for you?

I love the sn bottle style (its all I drink/keep).. I have probably 200 empties here but im in central Illinois... I would try what ajlee suggests.. find a pub or two who serve sn and have them save them up for ya (I myself have yet to see that style of bottle at my lhbs or anywhere online)...

Neil

I like these bottles, too. I save them whenever I buy a sixer of them.

Does anyone else find them harder to cap with the Red Baron style capper? Since the neck is shorter, the angle is wider and it has been making it harder, but by no means impossible, for me to cap my brews in these.

I never found them harder to cap with a red baron, but I recently switched to a bench style capper, so I save all of these bottles until the end. That way I only have to adjust the height once.

Majority of my bottles are SN but I have not found a supply for them besides the supermarket still full of beer. But you need 6 cases of em? Yea, I would try to find a bar that has em in bottles. Come to think of it, I might do the same thing.

Back