Thanksgiving, the Homebrewer's Holiday....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subliminalurge

Reaction score
So Thanksgiving is coming up, and with it, good deals and sale prices on turkey fryers (especially right AFTER Thanksgiving). As such, I thought it might be handy to have a dedicated spot for people to post what they've seen as far as sales on these super-handy kits this year.

Unfortunately, after much looking, I don't have anything to offer just yet. The home improvement stores around here only have the electric "oil-free" things in stock. Going to make the rounds in the next few days and check out the sporting goods stores.

Lowes has a 35 qt aluminum pot and burner for $60.

Wal mart has a 30 qt aluminum pot and burner for $47.

The lowes looks more quality, i think it was a bayou. Wal marts looks like it has a crappier burner so open it before you buy it.

Our Sams had a nice sturdy off-name frier burner and 9 gallon pot for $60. The actual element looked cheap and would need replaced but was a heavy gauge 4 leg frame.

Nice. Might be time to bite the bullet and spring for a Sam's membership again. Do miss that place. Always kind of excited walking in there, like Christmas morning. You never know what kind of deals you're going to find, but there's almost always something good.

Latest posts

Back