Roller Mill Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IwanaBrich

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the purpose of the flat bracket that wraps around on the CrandandStein is used for? What function does it serve?

I noticed the monster mill doesn't have them.....neither does the malt mill or BC.

The CrankandStein uses that bracket to keep the mill held together, as well as keep the eccentric bearings on each side of the mill in line with each other. From personal experience, once that bracket gets broken, the mill is a real pain to keep together... I'm milling my own pieces of aluminum to keep the mill together now that the bracket is FUBAR

I have a Monster Mill MM-3 mill. No bracket. It cant go anywhere once it is mounted to the base of the hopper. Never had a problem ans absolutly love my mill. Got the stainless rolls and will never worry about rust. Highly recommend it.

How do you like your MM-3? I was considering that one and the 2" 2 roller model, both are about the same price.

Back