Dude's Boulevard Wheat clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God Emporer BillyBrew

Reaction score
Dude! I just moved it into my secondary and tasted it. Wow! That's the closest I've ever had a beer taste to the one I'm trying to clone at this point. I can't wait to try the finished product.

I did have to sub Saaz for Simcoe since my LHBS was out. And I did the extract version, fyi.

Anyway, nice clone Dude.

Hey, Dude. What should the ABV be on that? Or what should your final gravity be? Or is the info there and I'm not smart enough to figure it out?

After a week, I'm at 2.5. I racked to secondary pretty early(after only 4 days) because I needed to free up my primary. That was three days ago and it was at 2.25. I made sure and syphon up a bit of the trub to make sure I brought enough yeast over, but it seems like it should be done by now. I keep my house about 72-75 and my sample was 80 degrees when I checked it last night.

God Emporer BillyBrew said:
Hey, Dude. What should the ABV be on that? Or what should your final gravity be? Or is the info there and I'm not smart enough to figure it out?

After a week, I'm at 2.5. I racked to secondary pretty early(after only 4 days) because I needed to free up my primary. That was three days ago and it was at 2.25. I made sure and syphon up a bit of the trub to make sure I brought enough yeast over, but it seems like it should be done by now. I keep my house about 72-75 and my sample was 80 degrees when I checked it last night.

I prefer to judge by OG/FG.

I'm not familiar with ABV but that sounds kind of low. For example, if you started around 1.048 and attenuated around 75%, the ABV would come out to about 4.75 range.

Either you have a ways to go or the calculations aren't correct.

If you give me an OG/FG I can help you figure it.

Back