Blowoff stopper size?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atticmonkey

Reaction score
Hey gang,
Ive seen some blowoff setups that use a stopper with what looks like 1/2" tubeing pushed straight into the stopper hole. Anybody know what size stopper that is? Any comments on that type of setup?

Better yet, get some tubing that is the same outside diameter as your stopper hole and bypass the stopper altogether!

Better yet, get some tubing that is the same outside diameter as your stopper hole and bypass the stopper altogether!

I tried using the 1" blowoff hose most places sell but the problem I have is it takes up alot of space due to it not being very flexible. I thought with the smaller diameter tubeing that it would be easy to route it to a beer bottle filled with water. Thus saving the space of having a bucket with water.

True...what fermentation vessel are you using here? A beer bottle might not be the best choice for a vigorous fermentation situation. You might have some spillage. I have an airlock that I attach tubing to the center post occasionally. This works if you remove the cross-pattern at the bottom beforehand.

Back