How long in the fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eskimo Spy

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been addressed about a bazillion times, but I couldn't find it.

How long before you want to drink it should you put your beer in the fridge?

If you just bottled it, condition for 2 to 3 weeks outside the fridge, the chill it to your desired temp and drink. If its in a keg, you want to carbonate it in the fridge for about 3 days and then its good to drink.

Depends how cold you want it :)

I normally put mine in for about 6 hours.

If your curiosity is killing you...when they're cold.

Optimally, a good 36 hour rest will insure the carbonation has "settled in" and any excess yeast has fallen to the bottom of the bottle.

If your curiosity is killing you...when they're cold.

Optimally, a good 36 hour rest will insure the carbonation has "settled in" and any excess yeast has fallen to the bottom of the bottle.

Agreed

Yea, I know that was a useless post, but my post count is too low

Okay, I have an IPA that has been in the bottle for 12 days. I put one in the fridge about 1pm today, and opened it at about 7:30pm. It's definitely carbed, but there was really no head at all, with a light pour. Any comments? Is that normal?

Nope, no frosted glass. I figured it out, though. The beer had only been in the fridge for about 6 hours, and I did a pour with the glass tilted. I grabbed a room temp beer and cracked it, and poured it normally. It produced a nice, normal head. It's still green, but it is coming together nicely.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Back