How about Three Floyds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverSwillBeer

Reaction score
Anyone been to Three Floyds ? Its a little crowded on weekends but they have really good food and some great beer. Get good directions cause its in the middle of an industrial park.

Anyone been to Three Floyds ? Its a little crowded on weekends but they have really good food and some great beer. Get good directions cause its in the middle of an industrial park.

I absolutely love their beer, but I've never been over there.

I've not had a lot of them, but really want to try some:

ALPHA KONG:
A very complex Belgian sextuple, sweet with caramel notes. 16% ABV,

A belgian sextuplet, now we're inventing things.

I've been over there before. Its a great bar. If you're a beer conisourer it would be worth the travel. I'd assume you are because you're on this site. They've got several beers that arent sold in bottles. It's a great trip. I dont know the city where you're from but i could recommend other pubs to frequent when on a tour up in that direction. Just PM me and i'll help.

I've been over there before. Its a great bar. If you're a beer conisourer it would be worth the travel. I'd assume you are because you're on this site. They've got several beers that arent sold in bottles. It's a great trip. I dont know the city where you're from but i could recommend other pubs to frequent when on a tour up in that direction. Just PM me and i'll help.

you don't know Urbana? It's the twin city of champaign.

Been ther many times. Love the beer ALOT, but they really don't take time with you and always seem to hurry you. If you go to the web site it is really poorly managed, I really don't think they have updated in years.

But hey, there beer is real special!!

To any of you who have had Robert the Bruce, here's a clone recipe I'm working on:

Robert The Bruce clone
Mash Temp: 156F
Eff: 70%
OG: 1.066
SRM: 18*
IBU: 35
8lbs 2-row
2.25lbs Melanoidin Malt
1.25lbs Munich
.25lb Chocolate Malt
.125lb Carafa III
1oz Centenial @ 9% 60mins
Yeast: wyeast 1968

Anyone got any input on that? I know the type of hops is correct, but I'm not sure the real RtB has 35ibu's. To me it tastes like there's less than that.
Also, I'm not sure on where to go with the gravity, as their outdated website lists the beer at about 6.5%, but also an OG of 1.051, which don't really add up. Then the bar down the street has this listed as 7%, and after drinking a few, I'd say that's right.
Also, wyest 1968 is supposed to be what three Floyd's use.

I've been trying to find a recipe for their Rabid Rabbit.

It's a spring brew for them and later in the year, even in the local stores, will go for as much as $24 for a 22oz.

I've now moved away and I miss it. Anyone have ANY info about it? I'm new to homebrewing, so I don't even know what type of beer it is. It's less hoppy than the rest of their beer and has a fairly strong butterscotch flavor.

Yeah, good pub. I've only been out there a few times and taken the tour. Had lunch, the food was ok, but the beer was AWESOME. Had quite a few things that they don't bottle, including once of the best english bitters I've ever had. Also tried some varied IPA's. Seems like they were smaller test batches where they made the same beer, but just changed the hop bill on it and gave it a different name. Fun tasting. Nice people out there.

Latest posts

Back