Two hearted ale clone extract recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCBrewster

Reaction score
Hey Y'all. I'm getting ready for my next brew and am thinking about doing a bells two hearted clone. I would like to avoid just buying a kit. This is my 4th brew and I would like to put the ingredients together myself to get a better understanding of that. Anybody have any tried and true recipes?

I also used that recipe for all grain. Except used nugget and Chinook. Turned out awesome.

The recipe in there is all grain. Is there an extract one in there? The forum is very long haha

I gotcha. How difficult is the switch from extract to all grain? Probably another forum but just in general

I gotcha. How difficult is the switch from extract to all grain? Probably another forum but just in general

Not to hard if you start with the BIAB method. I would have tried it if I would have known about it at the time. It is much more economical than building a mash tun just to try out the process. Here is a link.

Hmmmm that is an interesting thought. I dont have 10gallon pot but I do have a 30qt with that strainer piece in the center that it shows. Wonder if that would work?

This is the recipe I got directly from Bells General store.

6.6 lbs briess golden light LME
2.5 lbs golden light DME
8oz caramel malt 40L (steeping grains)
1.2oz centennial 45min
1.2 oz centennial 30min
3.5 oz centennial dryhop

California wlp051 or us-05

I've made 1 5gal batch that was awesome, and am going to be bottling a 10 gal batch this weekend.
I used the safale us-05

Did you do a yeast starter with that? Or is that at a point where it's still ok not to?

No, I jjust rehydrate in a cup of water for 20 or so mins.
I haven't had a problem with that yet on any of my batches with us-05 and this brew is og 1.068to 1.07 and ferments to 1.016.

What kind of fermentation schedule did you use for the batch that you made? I used to believe in the tried and true 1week primary 1 week secondary. Then bottle condition to your liking but I've done different beers that have required much different times.

Back