MO EKG SMaSH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just tapped a MO EKG brew the other day. Mine ended up not being a SMaSH because I threw in a .25 oz of cascade at flame out (leftover). I must say that the cascade helped a lot, but MO EKG would be great by itself too!

I'm sure lots of people have decocted MO, but it really isn't a standard technique for anything along the lines of a british pale ale.

If you are SMaSHing to learn something about MO, I'd stick with an infusion mash. That will tell you more about how it will perform in more common situations.

My apology to the OP. I read your question wrong. I thought you were asking if anyone has ever brewed MO EKG SMaSH beer, and thought you wanted opinions about the taste. I know nothing about "decoction" mashing.

Happy brewing and good luck.

Just cracked the first (green) bottle of my MO/EKG. I didn't do a decoction mash but did take about 1.5 gallons of 1st runnings and boiled separately on the stove till it was thick and syrupy then added to the end of he main boil. There's some nice malty flavors coming out of it.

Back