• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Selling Everything (Springfield, Illinois)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iven

Reaction score
I'm getting out of the hobby so I'm getting rid of everything. All items are excellent condition. Blichman burner and wort chiller are only a month old purchased from northern brewer. All prices are obo. Make me a reasonable offer and it's yours. I'm not really looking to ship anything but am willing to meet anyone within an hour our so of Springfield I'd you are purchasing the more expensive items. I don't have a truck so the freezer would have to be picked up at my house twenty minutes south of springfield.
I have a large chest freezer, inside dimensions are 41 inches long by 22 inches wide by 29 inches tall. It is about twelve years and old works beautifully. $150
70 ft. XL copper immersion wort chiller with garden hose fittings. $150

Blichman Top Tier burner with 24 inch leg extensions. $175

Two 20 pound propane tanks(blue rhino propane exchange type) $30 each.

30 qt. Stainless kettle with long high temp white spoon and large white homebrew funnel with strainer. $40

Super Agata bench Capper. $20

Beer thief $3

Hydrometer $10

Ale pale primary fermenter with lid $8

Large auto siphon $5

I have a large library of homebrew books that are like new that I will sell for 20 percent of the cover price and a large stack of brew your own mags with a couple zymurgy mags. Your choice for fifty cents each.

Make me a reasonable offer on any of it and it's yours. I'm even more flexible on price if you want to make me an offer for everything together to simplify matters. If you would like pics I can text or email you. Just message me and we can work out details. Thanks.

Also forgot to mention i have a 40 piece beer glassware collection including goblets, hefe glasses, pints, mugs, schooners, etc. $50 for all forty pieces.

I really don't want to ship anything. Sorry. I don't want to hassle with postage/insurance/damages, etc.

I am about 80 miles from Springfield. Might be interested in the books and bench capper, can always use an auto siphon as I tend to break them frequently. Also may be interested in glassware. Do you have a list of book titles?

Wouldn't want to drive for any of the items, but might drive for books depending on titles and possibly pick up a couple extras at the same time. But I would hate to drive 90 minutes to browse through the books only to find nothing I want.

Thanks,

-Walt

Hey Walt message me and I'll email you a pic of all the spines of the titles i have.

Glassware, kettle, bench capper, sample jar, and spoon have been sold. Blichman Burner and Ale pale are spoken for as well. Wort chiller, books/magazines, auto siphon, funnel and freezer, are still available. Also have a bottling bucket with spigot I forgot to list that I'll take $7 for.

Iven said:
Glassware, kettle, bench capper, sample jar, and spoon have been sold. Blichman Burner and Ale pale are spoken for as well. Wort chiller, books/magazines, auto siphon, funnel and freezer, are still available. Also have a bottling bucket with spigot I forgot to list that I'll take $7 for.

What books do you have, there are a few I'm looking for. Might be interested if your shipping and the price is right.

All I have left are some books, magazines, wort chiller, hydrometer, beer thief. Not really looking to ship anything.

If you still have the chiller, what is the length and O.D. of the tubing? I am looking for a 50' and live in Normal.

Byo are as follows...Jan/Feb 05, Nov 06, Dec 06, complete year 2007, complete 2008 minus may /June issue, all of 2009 except Nov, Dec., March/April thru Dec. 2010, Jan/Feb 2011 ,Dec 2011, Jan thru Nov 2012. Jan/Feb 05 zymurgy Nov/Dec 04 zymurgy and summer 95 kegging guide zymurgy issue.

The books I have left are as follows... Papazian complete joy of homebrewing 3rd edition, Papazian home brewers companion, Papazian micro brewed adventures, Brewing Classic Styles by Zaibasheff and Palmer, Brew Ware by Lutzen and Stevens, New brewing Lager Beer by Noonan, Brewing better beer by Gordon Strong, Classic Style Series German Wheat Beer by Eric Warner, Bbq like a monk by Stan Hieronymus, Wild Brews by Jeff Sparrow, Farmhouse Ales by Phil Markowski, Brew Chem 101 by Lee W. Janson M.D., Ph. D., Principles of Brewing Science by George Fix, Dave Millers Homebrewing Guide, The complete Homebrewing Guide by Dave Miller, How to brew by Palmer (second and third edition available), Homebrewing for dummies by Marty Nachel, Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher, the Beer tasters log by James Robertson, The Compleat Meadmaker by Ken Schramm, The Brewers Companion by Randy Mosher, Michael Jackson's Great Beer Guide.

The chiller is the XL 70 ft 3/8 with garden hose fittings. I just bought it a month ago from northern brewer for $165

First person willing to give me$250 can have everything i have left. That's over six hundred dollars worth of stuff. Books, mags, propane tanks, wort chiller, hydrometer, beer thief, etc.

Just to update this post everything is gone except the wort chiller, hydrometer, beer thief, propane tanks, and magazine collection. Make me a reasonable offer and its yours.

Just to update this post everything is gone except the wort chiller, hydrometer, beer thief, propane tanks, and magazine collection. Make me a reasonable offer and its yours.

So the books are gone? Or is that considered part of the "magazine" collection?

To pat: tried messaging you but it says you have reached your limit for message storage. Books are all gone. The items I have left now are the wort chiller, propane tanks, hydrometer, and beer thief. $220 or best offer for everything. Wort chiller cost me $166 new in September and i used it three times before deciding to sell everything.

Back