Famous Homebrewers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orpheus

Reaction score
I remember back in college reading an article about Kathy Ireland, the model, in which she mentioned one of her hobbies was homebrewing. This got me to thinking, is anyone aware of any other stars or celebrities that share in our hobby?

EDIT: Just found a link with some pics of Kathy from an old issue of Zymurgy:

http://thuisgemaakt.blogspot.com/search/label/Kathy Ireland

Orpheus said:
I remember back in college reading an article about Kathy Ireland, the model, in which she mentioned one of her hobbies was homebrewing. This got me to thinking, is anyone aware of any other stars or celebrities that share in our hobby?

EDIT: Just found a link with some pics of Kathy from an old issue of Zymurgy:

http://thuisgemaakt.blogspot.com/search/label/Kathy%20Ireland

Unlike us, famous people have lives.

Jean Harlow, not a homebrewer but definitely an enthusiast. Check out this story:

She spent the night of April 6, 1933 - the day when Prohibition was set to expire at midnight - at the Los Angeles Brewing Co. with fellow movie star Walter Huston. A maker of "near-beer" and de-natured alcohol (the alcohol was subtracted from the full-strength beer the company continued to brew during Prohibition, but could not legally market), the company was ready to immediately get back into the market for strong waters. Skipping the denaturing process, Los Angeles Brewing whipped up a huge consignment of the genuine stuff (to be marketed as Eastside beer and ale in bottles and kegs), which was loaded onto trucks parked at the brewery, ready to roll the day when suds could be shipped legally. Two treasury agents and many guards were there that night in the company parking lot, to ensure things went smoothly, safely and legally. At 12:01 AM at the dawning of the new day of April 7, 1933, when the sale and consumption of intoxicating beverages was once again legal (if not a constitutional right) in the United States, Huston gave a short speech and Harlow broke a bottle of beer over the first truck lined up and ready to deliver its legal load of liquid refreshment, thus christening the reborn brewery. The trucks rolled out, many staffed with armed guards riding shotgun lest the thirsty multitude get too frisky along the delivery routes. When the night was over, the brewery had done over $250,000 in business (approximately $3,387,000 in 2005 dollars) and had collected a stack of cash 18 inches high. Harlow had stayed the night, partying with brewery employees.

Howdy Orpheus. Thanks for the link to my site. I've been hoping to attract other homebrewers to it, because I'm pretty new to the hobby and have LOTS of questions. I hope all of you who stopped by will continue to check in on me now & again, and I'll certainly show my face here. In the meantime, anybody have any suggestions for my would-be Sigda's Green Chili clone?

(In my best Butthead voice) "Uh, Hey baby. Wanna come back to my place and brew a batch? Then maybe test out my new mattress?"

Think that'd work with Kathy?

The_Huisvrouw said:
Howdy Orpheus. Thanks for the link to my site. I've been hoping to attract other homebrewers to it, because I'm pretty new to the hobby and have LOTS of questions. I hope all of you who stopped by will continue to check in on me now & again, and I'll certainly show my face here. In the meantime, anybody have any suggestions for my would-be Sigda's Green Chili clone?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=82838&postcount=7

Wow the RDWHAHB has been around a long damn time..... I have always thought she was the hotness....
smilie_leghumper.gif

Back