which book next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoxerDog

Reaction score
I already have homebrewing for dummies, I was wondering if The Complete joy of Home Brewing would be a good next choice? Or should I get another book? thanks

I would agree, that's a great book. After you've read that one a couple times and you want to read yet another, get Ray Daniel's Designing Great Beers, the first half is informative, kind of like a how to brew book. The second half goes through many popular styles of beers, discusses history, commercial examples, and the National Homebrew Competition examples. Between How to Brew and Designing Great Beers I don't think my beers would have turned out as good as they do.

The Palmer book is a great choice.

After that go for Designing Great Beers by Ray Daniels. It'll help you formulate great recipes based on the history of each style. Another favorite of mine is Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher--but it isn't really a "learn how to brew" book. It will open your eyes to adding some pretty interesting ingredients. I refer to it often.

Back