VA group bulk grain buy #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mb2696

Reaction score
03/03 - ALL PICKED UP
02/25 - GRAIN DELIVERED
02/18 - ALL PAYMENTS RECEIVED, ORDER PLACED
02/14 - RECEIVED QUOTE - PAYMENT INFO SENT OUT
02/12 - SUBMITTED FOR QUOTE
02/10 - PALLET FULL

================

We need 42 bags to fill a pallet. I'm not sure about delivery location yet, so shipping will either be around $4.50 or $6.70 per bag (I will clarify in a few days).

GRAIN/PRICE BOOK: HERE

PAYMENT: After the order fills, I'll submit it for a quote, then send out personal totals for everyone. Paypal works best, but I will also take checks, money order, or cash in person.

PICKUP: Pickup will be in Charlottesville. Bags MUST be picked up within two weeks of delivery date. Delivery date will be announced after the order is placed.

POSTING YOUR ORDER: Post your order using the item codes (like the list below). I will send all group info by email, so when you post your order, please also send me a PM with your email address.

CURRENT ORDER (42/42 bags):
mb2696 - 7xGW-2ROW
***pickedup*** ameliabrewery - 2xCM-2ROW
***pickedup*** prodigal_son7 - 1xCM-2ROW, 1xCM-WHET
***pickedup*** CareForAPint - 2xTF-MOPA, 1xTF-BRWN
***pickedup*** BrewSpook - 1xGW-2ROW
***pickedup*** bobkatzz - 1xTF-MOPA
***pickedup*** chutracheese - 1xTF-MOPA, 1xGW-2ROW, (35/55)xFB-SMUN, 1xFB-PILS
***pickedup*** PorterIdontknowher - 1xGW-PALE
***pickedup*** blkandrust - 2xTF-MOPA, 1xCM-PALE
***pickedup*** JerTheRipper - 2xTF-MOPA
***pickedup*** cgondoli1 - 1xCM-SPIL, 1xCM-WHET, 2xCM-2ROW, (20/55)xFB-SMUN, 1xBD-MOPA
***pickedup*** interplexr - 1xBZ-PILS, 1xBZ-MUNH
***pickedup*** camra-evan - 1xBD-PILS, 1xBD-MOPA
***pickedup*** sensibull - 2xCM-2ROW, 1xBD-MOPA
***pickedup*** gwren - 1xBZ-PILS, 1xBD-MOPA, 1xGW-PALE
***pickedup*** SpideyBrew - 1xFB-SPAR

Anyone have preferences between CM and GW 2 row? I see alot of CM being ordered, not sure if its a quality thing or just because of the price difference?

I'd be interested to hear as well. I'm considering going all GW 2row this time. Last time GW 2row wasn't in the price book for some reason...

I'm good for a bag or two (maybe three?)

Definitely Marris (TF-MOPA). I'm trying to get some takers on splitting a sack of Brown Malt (TF-BRWN) with me.

When are you hoping to process the order?
(I don't want to hold anyone up with my Brown Malt. If I get no splitters, I'm dropping it.)

I'm good for a bag or two (maybe three?)

Definitely Marris (TF-MOPA). I'm trying to get some takers on splitting a sack of Brown Malt (TF-BRWN) with me.

When are you hoping to process the order?
(I don't want to hold anyone up with my Brown Malt. If I get no splitters, I'm dropping it.)

Sounds good. I'll put you down for the TF-MOPA for now and if someone wants to split the brown i'll add it.

Last time it took about a month to get 42 bags, but it could be more or less this time...

Would anyone from Richmond like to car pool to the pickup? We can save a tank of gas and these days that equates to about a half a bag of grain, hehe.

Let me know - I'm in the West End here and closer to Chtsvll than some.

Also I'm thinking to get 55lb of Thomas Fawcett Marris Otter -if anyone is interested of splitting a bag. I'd want at least 1/2 - that will make approx 2 batches. By then I'll prolly have enough IPA on hand! B^)

RT

Drinking: ChrisMash Rye IPA
Just Bottled: Blackfoot IPA SMaSH

I am already picking up for another guy on here so if anyone wants me to haul it back then let me know. I can carry few hundred pounds, if not more, so let me know if anyone else wants me to pick up for them. We can work out pick-up details when the grain comes in.

bobkatzz - I'll split the Marris Otter with you, as well as another -
1 TF-MOPA
1 GW-2ROW
1 FB-SMUN
1 FB-PILS

I only need 35lbs of Munich and Pilsen.
Anyone want 10 or 20 lbs of Munich or Pilsen?

Sounds good. I'll put you down for the TF-MOPA for now and if someone wants to split the brown i'll add it.

Last time it took about a month to get 42 bags, but it could be more or less this time...

Ok, I'm good for three bags:
(2) two bags of TF-MOPA (T. Fawcett's Marris Otter) and (1) one bag of TF-BRWN (T. Fawcett's Brown Malt)

OK - My SMaSH turned out so (Frikkin Heck!) great I'm going for the whole bag of TF-MOPA!! Would still like to car pool though!

BTW this is the Blackfoot IPA SMaSH that's in the Nov/Dec Zymurgy. Try it!

1 X BZ-PILS
1 X BD-MOPA
1 X GW-PALE

Thanks for all the work and to whoever picked up my bag of TF Marris Otter and left the Bairds MO on the first round by mistake, thanks you converted me to Bairds!

I see we're only 4 short.

Our brew club (CAMRA) has a meeting this Tuesday. I'll bring it up with our club to see if anyone is in for a few more bags. If anyone's interested, I'll make sure they log onto this thread.

Hello, got a quick question, I just called the facility near me (in illinois) and they don't sell to homebrewers anymore, do you have any insight as to why they stopped? I've been searching all over the place to find some decent prices on grains but everybody around here is charging $2 a pound. Just talked with a local micro-brewery that might be able to sell some, but a place like this would be a great resource (especially since it's only 30-45 minutes away from my house). Thanks

Hello, got a quick question, I just called the facility near me (in illinois) and they don't sell to homebrewers anymore, do you have any insight as to why they stopped? I've been searching all over the place to find some decent prices on grains but everybody around here is charging $2 a pound. Just talked with a local micro-brewery that might be able to sell some, but a place like this would be a great resource (especially since it's only 30-45 minutes away from my house). Thanks

I'm pretty sure it has to do with logistics. Too much trouble and not enough money to stack a pallet with 14 different kinds of grain and keep track of inventory. That's just my guess though.

Back