Places to visit in Washington DC.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyc

Reaction score
Im gonna be in DC for a day in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know of some good brewpubs, and breweries to visit. I know clipper city brewing is in baltimore. Is there anyother good places to visit?

Just be prepared at the Brickskeller. Have at least 5 or 6 backup beers ready as chances are they won't have what you want. Regardless of it being on their list.

Might try the Brickskeller. Huge beer list, but you'll find some who love it and others who don't.

And (this oughta be a sticky for all these "where should I go in X to find beer" questions): http://beermapping.com/maps/citymaps.php?m=washington

One of my favorite places.

Capital City Brewery is great, and they just finished the new tennis stadium right across the street. (SWMBO doesn't let me forget these things)

I mean holy hell, what do you want to do in DC? Go see super cars drive up and down M street, see half to 4 million dollar yachts on the river, shop/eat/drink in Georgetown, go see national monuments....I live so close and I still haven't done everything I want to.

My favorite places (besides all of the national stuff, love the museums) is basically Georgetown. Granted I'm past my mid 20's, I still like all of the action down there, it's just fabulous!

Welcome:mug:.
Come for our beer stay for a lecture on the dynamics of taxation and voting.

Same owners as Brickskeller but RFD is usally a little more reliable. The menu is only 300 beers long so they usually have on hand everything that's on the menu. They also have a cask ale regularly and interesting tap selection.

In the same neighborhood is Brasserie Beck. You'll pay for it but you aren't going to find that selection of Belgian beers anywhere else. (And if you catch the bartender ask him about being knightened by the King of Belgium) They've got sours and .750Ls that I've only ever read about.

The [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=opera&num=0&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&um=1&q=saloon&near=Washington,+DC&fb=1&view=text&latlng=12052949577311653413"]Saloon[/ame] , I think it's a great bar, is polarizing. The selection is usually solid but some people can't handle the owners rules. Read the reviews before you go.

If you know what neighborhood you'll be in there are plenty of little restaurants and bars with decent (if brief) beer menus. Those are the three I'd go across the city for.

BikeN'Brew: You aren't kidding. I'm not getting in on that fight.:eek:

Georgetown is still my favorite place to go, but for brewpubs and Metro accessible places I recommend going to the Rock Bottom Brewpub in Ballston Common Mall (accessible by the orange line Ballston stop). It's right outside of DC and a cheap metro ride. They have the best beer and food out of the three brewpubs I've been too, plus they give AHA discounts.

Capital City is really good too, but they don't take AHA discounts. Gordon Biersch is there as well and takes AHA discounts, but in my opinion their food is overpriced to quality & quantity and (more importantly) their beer isn't all that great.

But to reiterate, goto Rock Bottom. Good food, good beer, and good prices. They have the cheapest flight/sampler prices out of the three.

I was in Gtown for the 4th and really with the exception of the great restaurants, Adams Morgan bar scene is the best place for diverse beer choices, unless you go to a brewpub.

I'm attending grad school in the area and I've been trying to get to every major drinking location that I can.

Oh, and Adams Morgan I swear is the neighborhood of brunette chicks, ZOMFG!

I love the Brickskellar, but they are right about the having a backup because they hardly ever have everything on their list. However I was a bit suprised to see that they had lindenmans cuvee rene the last time I was there, as I've been there 8 times before and they havent had it any of them.

Capital City is a must. Gordon Biersch is a nice alternative, but CC is the best in my opinion.

Back