Extract using electrical element

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owentp

Reaction score
I use a turkey fryer that has an element. Is this a problem with scorching when using liquid or dried malt extract?

I would power off and mix the LME or DME really really well, then mix it again, then turn the element on AFTER being sure all was disolved prior to power up. mixing seperately seems a tad cautious but would work as well.

Thanks I'll make sure of that. Any tips on blending LME's or DME's? I'm going back to extract from grains. I used to take a base malt & would add in wheat or other grains at 30% or more of grain bill.

Do you do the same with the extracts or just go with a single base with steeping accessory grains prior?

Thanks I'll make sure of that. Any tips on blending LME's or DME's? I'm going back to extract from grains. I used to take a base malt & would add in wheat or other grains at 30% or more of grain bill.

Do you do the same with the extracts or just go with a single base with steeping accessory grains prior?

Can't say as LME and DME come in many different types and flavors w/ or w/o specialty grains already added. Everthing from superlight, wheat blend or dark extract. Look at some typical recipes and go from there is my advice.

Back