Sanke Tap - whats the difference between both

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Hi There

What is the difference between these 2 taps, will they both wok on the standard american sanke kegs?

1671.jpg

1275.jpg

If yes, which one is better?

Kai

can't tell what they'll work on without seeing the bottom. I've never seen one like the top one, so I have no idea on that, but the bottom one looks the same as my sanke tap.

Given that they are both the same connector they are just different mechanism designs for the same function.

The bottom one is the most common connector that, once you've twisted the tapper in place, you pull the handle out and push it down till it locks to engage the CO2 and open the keg.

The top one dopes the same thing but, after you've twisted teh tapper in place, you turn the black handles till it locks in place, engaging the co2 and opening the keg.

The bottom one is, in my opinion, easier to operate correctly, even when in dark places, cramped quarters or when impaired (all of which were sometimes true at the bar I worked at years back).

Thanks,
That's what I though when looking at the pictures, but I just needed a confirmation.

Kai

Back