What a special day for me!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Today I had the honor, along with about 60 other military members, of shaking hands with the President of the United States of America.
I'm sitting here sipping my Windy Winter Brown and I still can't believe it happened. A once in a lifetime event. Makes everything I do worthwhile.

Dude said:
I can't tell if you are being facetious or not. :confused:
It actually happened. The President was here in Colorado and is plane was at Buckley AFB. We were provided a chance to meet him before he left and it was awesome.

I always take the opportunity to meet political leaders and even listen to them even if I don't like them. They must be doing something right to get where they are.

Did he have anything to say or was it just the hand shake?

orfy said:
I always take the opportunity to meet political leaders and even listen to them even if I don't like them. They must be doing something right to get where they are.

Did he have anything to say or was it just the hand shake?
I personally think President Bush is doing things right.
It was a hand shake, he looked me in the eye and said "thank you for serving".

(I definitely DON'T want this to get political!) Let's all lift a home brew and toast our differences.:tank:

OK, Rich. Sounds like a great day for you. But let's PLEASE not take this to whether or not Geroge W Bush is doing things right. I have a lot of thoughts on the subject, but this is not the forum.

It becomes a political discussion when someone states their political views, implicitly or explicitly. The beauty of this forum is we talk about that interest we all share...BEER! And we discuss it without bringing up other topics that are very divisive and may make us dislike one another for reasons that have nothing to do with BEER! :D

Cheers :D

Janx said:
OK, Rich. Sounds like a great day for you. But let's PLEASE not take this to whether or not Geroge W Bush is doing things right. I have a lot of thoughts on the subject, but this is not the forum.

It becomes a political discussion when someone states their political views, implicitly or explicitly. The beauty of this forum is we talk about that interest we all share...BEER! And we discuss it without bringing up other topics that are very divisive and may make us dislike one another for reasons that have nothing to do with BEER! :D

Cheers :D
My most humble apologies. As I stated before, my intent was not to get political. I respect everyones opinion whether we agree or disagree. :mug:

Back