Juicer question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattyD

Reaction score
So I have a juicer on the way (will be delivered on tuesday,) and the question came up. Do juicers smash the seeds and put anything bad into the cider? We are looking at putting thousands of pounds of apples through it. If so, it looks like a lot of cutting.

Thousands of pounds is ambitious for a tabletop juicer. You will need a real press to do that much and not crush the seeds.

I have used a Champion for years. Prepare to be disappointed - the yields are low. You definitely can't put the seeds into the juicer and I believe the manual tells you to peel apples.

You'll get about 3/4 cup of juice from 10 apples (roughly).

Like skyewines said, you probably want a press (rather than a juicer). As far homeowner juicers go, I believe Champion is one of the better, higher-yielding juicers out there (in other words, the problem is not your choice of juicer, the problem is your choice of machine type - press vs. juicer).

I think commercial apple juice is just cider (pressed apples) that has been filtered.

Back