Ale Pail inside 10 gallon cooler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwillyBilly

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a 6.5 gallon Ale Pail will fit inside a 10 gallon orange Gott/Rubbermaid cooler?

Would this be a good option for keeping the fermenter cool during summer months?

If so, how does one go about it? Can you just put in ice bottles or do you have to fill it with ice water?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if a 6.5 gallon Ale Pail will fit inside a 10 gallon orange Gott/Rubbermaid cooler?

Would this be a good option for keeping the fermenter cool during summer months?

If so, how does one go about it? Can you just put in ice bottles or do you have to fill it with ice water?

Thanks!

Just tried, and didnt fit. Just put it in a tub big enough to hold it. Fill it with water and a few frozen bottles of water. Placing a wet t-shirt over the bucket helps keep it cool.

If you have a feed store around you you can buy those large plastic tubs that will hold a fermentor and leave plenty of room for water/ice....I think their capacity is around 15 gallons.

If you have a feed store around you you can buy those large plastic tubs that will hold a fermentor and leave plenty of room for water/ice....I think their capacity is around 15 gallons.

You can also get them from Walmart for $8 (HI prices). They work pretty well, I'm about to retire mine on my next batch as I have my "new" fermentation freezer and johnson controller going through testing right now. :tank:

Back