Cleaning cutting oil from Keggle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesanch

Reaction score
So I finished up drilling a couple of holes in my keg for a weldless sight glass and ball valve. Even after a thorough soapy rinse, I still feel the oil slick on the inside.

What are you all doing to completely remove the cutting oil and small metal particles from their keggle?

I used a little bit of orange goop on it. the oil came right off. .. a good rinse got rid of all the little particles.

I use Bar Keepers friend to scrub inside my Keggle. I also used Canola oil when drilling so on the chance that I did not clean it well I had an edible addition to my beer.

After the BKF I did an Oxyclean hot water soak and then rinse with water and a full test water boil . Maybe a bit overkill but it made me feel better.

I use Bar Keepers friend to scrub inside my Keggle. I also used Canola oil when drilling so on the chance that I did not clean it well I had an edible addition to my beer.

After the BKF I did an Oxyclean hot water soak and then rinse with water and a full test water boil . Maybe a bit overkill but it made me feel better.

+1, pretty much what I did

I ended up using regular dish soap to clean off the cutting oil. I had to go back and drill the holes a little bigger. So the second time I used vegetable oil. I think it worked much better than the cutting oil. Much easier to clean off too!

I did an other wash with dish soap then few hour soak in oxyclean. Rinsed very well then went to a friends house to get help putting together my copper dip tube.

Latest posts

Back