Lager Fermentation..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
Hey guys, is the only way to know if my lager is fermenting is air lock activity? Its in a bucket, and i couldnt really tell, its day 2 and its bubbleing every 20 seconds or so..

And the bubbling every 20 seconds is normal. Because of the cold temperatures it's still going to ferment but REALLY slow. The kraeusen takes a few days to form aswell. So there's nothing to worry about :)

Mishkin said:
And the bubbling every 20 seconds is normal. Because of the cold temperatures it's still going to ferment but REALLY slow. The kraeusen takes a few days to form aswell. So there's nothing to worry about :)

What was you pitching temp and pitching rate? Also, how did you aerate the wort?

Kai

well, my pitching temp was my normal, about 74 i think, then i airated it pretty well, and let it sit at room temp. Finially i started seeing some activity, and it took off. So i think im ok...

on another note.. anyone ever make a good holiday beer, and know of any good kits/ recipes?

aekdbbop said:
well, my pitching temp was my normal, about 74 i think, then i airated it pretty well, and let it sit at room temp. Finially i started seeing some activity, and it took off. So i think im ok...

It's still sitting at room temp? If you're making a lager, it should have been cooled to around 50*F and kept there as soon as fermentation started.

Dude said:
:off:

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

Nice to see you posting again, you were missed.

Guess who's back . . . back again. Kaiser's back . . . tell a friend.

Duh, duh, duh, . . . Duh, duh, duh, . . . Duh, duh, duh, daaaaaaaaaa

:rockin: :mug:

Back