*ALERT--dyi-ers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been pricing ss for 8 months now. A 55 gallon drum was 650 and now its 450.

All metal prices have come down due to the global recession. Copper is much cheaper than it was for a while. Scrap yards and recycling centers are losing money or not selling do to lack of demand.

My buddy owns a scrap yard, I could get the latest prices if anyone is interested. I'd just need to know what you are looking for...

The Iron Is Hot....it Is Time To Strike!!!:rockin:
I wouldnt mind knowing copper and ss. 304

Copper is much cheaper than it was for a while. Scrap yards and recycling centers are losing money or not selling do to lack of demand.

Copper tubing prices at HD / Lowes were absolutely ridiculous there for awhile. I suspect some of the LHBS stores are getting pinched as well. I know the one by me makes/sells their own chillers, and if they had bought the tubing while the prices were high, they pretty much have to sell them at that price, or take a huge hit.

Latest posts

Back