Very weird fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonypr24

Reaction score
so i just made my stout 5 hours ago and my airlock its going nuts..a lot of action in the airlock but nothing happening inside my fermenter that i can see. The airlock its going as fast as i ever seen it but no action inside the tank...anybody every see this before?

it looked flat..not movement nothing..but the next day there was a lot of action inside the carboy...today its all done fermenting..so far is coming out pretty good..but i do have to admint i have never seen anything like it...

every fermentation I have had has been different, from the one that took 72 hours to start, to the carboy volcano I had after 6 hours!!!

so i just made my stout 5 hours ago and my airlock its going nuts..a lot of action in the airlock but nothing happening inside my fermenter that i can see. The airlock its going as fast as i ever seen it but no action inside the tank...anybody every see this before?

This sounds like a nice healthy fermentation start. Congrats! :ban:

Back