Engineer Jokes...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poobah58

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Understanding Engineers #1
Two engineering students were biking across campus when one said, "Where did you get such a great bike?"
The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday, minding my own business, when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike, threw it to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want."
The first engineer said, "Good choice: The clothes probably wouldn't have fit you anyway."

Understanding Engineers #2
A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting for a particularly slow group of golfers. The engineer fumed, "What's with those guys? We've been waiting for 15 minutes!"
The doctor chimed in, "I don't know, but I've never seen such inept golf!"
The priest said, "Here comes the green-keeper. Let's have a word with him." He said, "Hello, George. What's wrong with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?"
The green-keeper replied, "That's a group of blind firemen. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime." The group fell silent for a moment.
The priest said, "That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight."
The doctor said, "Good idea. I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist colleague and see if there's anything she can do for them."
The engineer said, "Why can't they play at night?"

Understanding Engineers #3
Three engineering students were gathered together discussing who must have designed the human body. One said, "It was a mechanical engineer. Just look at all the joints."
Another said, "No, it was an electrical engineer. The nervous system has many thousands of electrical connections."
The last one said, "No, actually it had to have been a civil engineer. Who else would run a toxic waste pipeline through a recreational area?"

Understanding Engineers #4
An engineer was crossing a road one day, when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess." He bent over, picked up the frog, and put it in his pocket. The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn back into a beautiful princess and stay with you for one week."
The engineer took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket. The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you for one week and do anything you want." Again, the engineer took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket.
Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess and that I'll stay with you for one week and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?" The engineer said, "Look, I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog - now that's cool."

Three engineers are riding in a car. While going down a hill, the driver loses control and careens over the edge. They pick themselves up at the bottom and gaze back up towards the hole in the guardrail.

The civil engineer says "I knew that hill was too steep. We should put a call in to the county and have them regrade it."

The mechanical engineer says "The brake shoes must not have been designed correctly to dissipate the thermal stress of the descent. We should look at passive cooling technology."

The software engineer says "Well, let's push the car back up to the top of the hill and see if we can replicate the error."

· Real Engineers consider themselves well dressed if their socks match.
· Real Engineers buy their spouses a set of matched screwdrivers for their birthday.
· Real Engineers wear mustaches or beards for "efficiency". Not because they're lazy.
· Real engineers have a non-technical vocabulary of 800 words.
· Real Engineers think a "biting wit" is their fox terrier.
· Real Engineers know the second law of thermodynamics - but not their own shirt size.
· Real Engineers repair their own cameras, telephones, televisions, watches, and automatic transmissions.
· Real Engineers say "It's 70 degrees Fahrenheit, 25 degrees Celsius, and 298 degrees Kelvin" and all you say is "Isn't it a nice day"
· Real Engineers give you the feeling you're having a conversation with a dial tone or busy signal.
· Real Engineers wear badges so they don't forget who they are. Sometimes a note is attached saying "Don't offer me a ride today. I drove my own car".
· Real Engineers' politics run towards acquiring a parking space with their name on it and an office with a window.
· Real Engineers know the "ABC's of Infrared" from A to B.
· Real Engineers rotate their tires for laughs.
· Real Engineers will make four sets of drawings (with seven revisions) before making a bird bath.
· Real Engineers' briefcases contain a Phillips screwdriver, a copy of "Quantum Physics", and a half of a peanut butter sandwich.
· Real Engineers don't find the above at all funny.

TOP 20 ENGINEERS' TERMINOLOGIES
1. A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT APPROACHES ARE BEING TRIED - We are still pissing in the wind.
2. EXTENSIVE REPORT IS BEING PREPARED ON A FRESH APPROACH TO THE PROBLEM - We just hired three kids fresh out of college.
3. CLOSE PROJECT COORDINATION - We know who to blame.
4. MAJOR TECHNOLOGICAL BREAKTHROUGH - It works OK, but looks very hi-tech.
5. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS DELIVERED ASSURED - We are so far behind schedule the customer is happy to get it delivered.
6. PRELIMINARY OPERATIONAL TESTS WERE INCONCLUSIVE - The darn thing blew up when we threw the switch.
7. TEST RESULTS WERE EXTREMELY GRATIFYING - We are so surprised that the stupid thing works.
8. THE ENTIRE CONCEPT WILL HAVE TO BE ABANDONED - The only person who understood the thing quit.
9. IT IS IN THE PROCESS - It is so wrapped up in red tape that the situation is about hopeless.
10. WE WILL LOOK INTO IT - Forget it! We have enough problems for now.
11. PLEASE NOTE AND INITIAL - Let's spread the responsibility for the screw up.
12. GIVE US THE BENEFIT OF YOUR THINKING - We'll listen to what you have to say as long as it doesn't interfere with what we've already done.
13. GIVE US YOUR INTERPRETATION - I can't wait to hear this bull!
14. SEE ME or LET'S DISCUSS - Come into my office, I'm lonely.
15. ALL NEW - Parts not interchangeable with the previous design.
16. RUGGED - Too damn heavy to lift!
17. LIGHTWEIGHT - Lighter than RUGGED.
18. YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT - One finally worked.
19. ENERGY SAVING - Achieved when the power switch is off.
20. LOW MAINTENANCE - Impossible to fix if broken.

The Top 10 Things Engineering School didn't teach
10. There are at least 10 types of capacitors.
9. Theory tells you how a circuit works, not why it does not work.
8. Not everything works according to the specs in the data book.
7. Anything practical you learn will be obsolete before you use it, except the complex math, which you will never use.
6. Never try to fix the hardware with software.
5. Engineering is like having an 8 a.m. class and a late afternoon lab every day for the rest of your life.
4. Overtime pay? What overtime pay?
3. Managers, not engineers, rule the world.
2. If you like junk food, caffeine and all-nighters, go into software.
1. Dilbert is a documentary.

:ban:

One of the software engineers at work told me that I am the "bridge" between the tech guys and the "business" guys because I understand both worlds.

It's a scary place to be.

TOM
Well, uh, uh, uh, because, uh, engineers are not good at dealing with
customers.

BOB SLYDELL
Well, what would you say… you do here?

TOM
Well, look, I already told you. I deal with the goddamn customers so
the engineers don't have to!! I have people skills!! I am good at
dealing with people!!! Can't you understand that?!?
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!!!!!!!

· Real Engineers say "It's 70 degrees Fahrenheit, 25 degrees Celsius, and 298 degrees Kelvin" and all you say is "Isn't it a nice day"

Real Engineers wouldn't say "298 degrees Kelvin." They would say "298 Kelvin." Kelvin is a unit measurement that is not referred to as "degrees" but as a primary measure; i.e. X Kelvin or X k.

How sad is it that I know that?! Yes, I R N-J-NER.

And since this is a joke thread...

What's the difference between Cowboy boots and Engineer boots?

The bull$h!+ is on the outside of the Cowboy boots.

A physicist, a mathematician and an engineer are asked to determine the volume of a red ball.

The physicist takes the ball, submerges it in a beaker of water, measures the displacement of water and determines the volume.

The mathematician carefully measures the diameter, pulls out his calculator and calculates the volume.

The engineer flips the red ball over, scrawls down the model number and asks, "Has anyone seen my red ball catalog?"

If you are laughing right now, you are an engineer. If you are saying, "Huh?", don't worry about it.

Real Engineers wouldn't say "298 degrees Kelvin." They would say "298 Kelvin." Kelvin is a unit measurement that is not referred to as "degrees" but as a primary measure; i.e. X Kelvin or X k.

How sad is it that I know that?! Yes, I R N-J-NER.

And since this is a joke thread...

What's the difference between Cowboy boots and Engineer boots?

The bull$h!+ is on the outside of the Cowboy boots.

A Real Engineer corrects Engineering Jokes :D

My favorite flight test engineering terminology:

The aircraft entered a pilot induced oscillation, departed controlled flight and entered an unrecoverable configuration.

Translation: plane crashed, pilot error.

An Engineer dies and finds himself in Hell. He finds the conditions just awful, so he starts making improvements. He adds infrastructure, air conditioning, escalators. and all kind of stuff. One day God call the Devil to mess with him and asks, "How things are going down there?".

Devil says, "Well, not too bad now that we have this engineer. He has really improved conditions here.".

"You have an engineer down there? There must be some kind of mistake. Send him up here, or I'll sue.", says God.

Devil replies, "And just where are YOU going to find a lawyer up there?".

My favorite joke is when someone tells me that they are an engineer I say it must be really cool to drive a train. It always get a blank look in return. I laugh every time though.

A physicist, a mathematician and an engineer are asked to determine the volume of a red ball.

The physicist takes the ball, submerges it in a beaker of water, measures the displacement of water and determines the volume.

The mathematician carefully measures the diameter, pulls out his calculator and calculates the volume.

The engineer flips the red ball over, scrawls down the model number and asks, "Has anyone seen my red ball catalog?"

If you are laughing right now, you are an engineer. If you are saying, "Huh?", don't worry about it.

This nails it. In my former life as an engineer, I must have spent 50% of my time sourcing parts. Had something like 200 bookmarks to different vendor web pages. Used to fall asleep rattling off part numbers in my head.
Good job fellas.

My favorite joke is when someone tells me that they are an engineer I say it must be really cool to drive a train. It always get a blank look in return. I laugh every time though.

I'm an engineer (;)) and my daughter has a DVD of Dora the Explorer and one of the episodes is about jobs when you grow up, they sing a song on it and it goes "... an engineer drives a train..."
Yeah it was pretty classic when I heard it the first time!

tom
well, uh, uh, uh, because, uh, engineers are not good at dealing with
customers.

Bob slydell
well, what would you say… you do here?

Tom
well, look, i already told you. I deal with the goddamn customers so
the engineers don't have to!! I have people skills!! I am good at
dealing with people!!! Can't you understand that?!?
What the hell is wrong with you people?!!!!!!!

lmfao!!

Back