Need help - Tap Identification

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRHunter

Reaction score
I hosted a graduation party yesterday and learned a valuable lesson. My friends, family, and neighbors are much dumber that I thought. I must have had to explain what beer was on each tap about a gajillion times. As you can see in the photos below I have a four tap system, so I didn't think it would be that difficult for everyone to remember. Especially since only three of the taps had beer in them. I finally just used some masking tape and a marker to label the taps.

So now I would like to add a permanent and more attractive solution to this problem. Because the taps are in a fairly high traffic area I don't want to use larger tap handles. I need something that will sit on the lid that can be changed to reflect the current beers on tap. Moreover, I'd like to be able to utilize a printed label and not require any hand writing. Also, as I am planning on adding some type of mug storage on the lid I don't want the label system to take up too much space. So please look at the photos below and let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks.

K02.jpg

K03.jpg

Get a few baseball card sleeves or small acrylic picture frames. Put some magnetic tape on the bag and it will stick to the frot or top under each ap. Print out the 2.5x3.5" label to slip inside each one. Simple, cheap, very low profile. You can even add descriptions or amything else you'd want. You could cut them smaller too if you wanted. Mine are square b

I print labels onto business card magnets and place them near each faucet. There are cheap self stick magnets on ebay. Some people still get confused though. With your setup the magnets could be placed above each tap which would probably be more obvious.
MG_9971.JPG

I use magnetic business card holders on my keezer. The cards are free (since I write on the back of ones I pick up where ever I go), and they are quickly swapped out.

I bought a bunch of clear acrylic snap-in frames, used for keychains. They are meant for a 2"x3" photo. I print out 2x3 labels on card stock, place them back to back, and snap them into the frame. I attach a length of stainless bead chain, long enough to slip over the taps and handle, and hang them from the taps.

I just uploaded a couple of photos to my gallery, a close-up of the keg medallions themselves and a shot of the kegerator.

Lastly, I can also attach one of these directly to a corny keg handle when I am taking a keg somewhere.

I bought a bunch of clear acrylic snap-in frames, used for keychains. They are meant for a 2"x3" photo. I print out 2x3 labels on card stock, place them back to back, and snap them into the frame. I attach a length of stainless bead chain, long enough to slip over the taps and handle, and hang them from the taps.

I just uploaded a couple of photos to my gallery, a close-up of the keg medallions themselves and a shot of the kegerator.

Lastly, I can also attach one of these directly to a corny keg handle when I am taking a keg somewhere.

Do you remember where you got those acrylic frames? I haven't found something like that in a store yet.

I have a 2 tap keezer, but my solution could work for you as well - I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a chalk board and hung it above the keezer on the wall (I think it was like $10). I have it labeled with what's on the "Left" and the "Right" - but you could buy a bigger one and have 4 columns with descriptions etc. I also had a ton of bottle caps so I used a glue gun and hot glued them all around the boarder (border?).

I guess I'm even lazier. I use dry erase markers and just write on the painted white top of the keezer lid. It won't come off with the usual Windex, but it comes off with a "Magic Eraser" pen.

Back