Laughing Dog Brewery (Slightly OT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoisePorter

Reaction score
The other night my LHBS had the Laughing Dog Brewery in for a beer tasting. They were revealing their new Imperail Coffee Porter called Anubis. They also brought a bunch of their other brews along for us to try. It was nice to try some styles that I hadn't had in the past as it gives me an idea of what NOT to brew (e.g. a cream ale). It was also nice to hear a professional brewer talk about things to do and not to do as a homebrewer.

Why do you say that you shouldn't brew a cream ale? A cream ale can be very good.

Why do you say that you shouldn't brew a cream ale? A cream ale can be very good.

Like all things brew related, it's about personal choice and what you like. I didn't care for the style. Thus, I won't brew it. I wasn't implying that other's shouldn't.

Okay, so you tried one of their cream ales and decided you didn't like it. Fair enough, I just wasn't sure where that fit in.

How was the imperial coffee porter? I love porters of all kinds!! Never had laughing dog though, I don't think they sell it in MO

Man I really wanted to go to that the other night but the wife and I had already made plans, Ive had a few of their brews and they are good from what I have tasted. Was their a pretty good turn out? :mug:

@chapa - It was awesome. It looks like Golden Barrel, Inc. in Columbia sells it. So if you wanted to go for a drive, you could probably get some LD brews there.

@dos_perros - It was cool. Good beer, and LOTS of people. Not to mention they did some drawings for a bag of hops, some sixers, and T-Shirts.

looks like you're not alone in not liking that cream ale. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/12985/31561 in my opinion, a homebrewed cream ale can't be beat by a commercial brewery. most poorly named style in my opinion as well.

i had their black IPA and didn't care for it, just seemed weird. that porter does sound tasty though.

I saw their post for that on FB a little too late and was a little bummed out. I do get to go to Brewer's Haven tastings every once in awhile which is pretty great. Took a couple of my first attempts at an IPA to one of the tastings and got to listen anonymously to what people thought about it. That was fun... :D I have another LHBS within 4 miles of me and I drive the 20 miles to them instead.

I would like to do a Laughing dog IPA had one the other day was very good. Anyone got any ideas let me know!

Back