Using Munich LME

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackBearForge

Reaction score
Munich LME is available from my LHBS. Would it replace an equivalent amount of the actual grain in a AG recipe when converting to extract?

For example, if an AG recipe called for 25% of the grain bill to be Munich would you replace 25% of your LME with Munich LME for an extract version?

On a similar question, is there a general rule of thumb for Amber extract? I know this is one of the wildcard extracts but is there any guestimate?

You use 25% more grain than extract and I believe the extract is 50% 2-row and 50% munich.

Forrest

If i made an extract batch with 6lbs of Munich LME (which i bought from AHS), is that still going to turn out ok? Im also adding 2lbs of specialty grains for a Oktoberfest-Ale recipe that I am trying.

Much like the response from AHS, most brew shop owners should know what they are selling and can be a great reference. Also, companies like Briess have nice websites devoted to information about their products (like malt extract).

Back