Where to buy Little Giant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bru

Reaction score
Can someone please recommend an on-line shop for Little Giant pumps.
I need the 230V version (581613).
So far the best price Ive found is $239 from Plumbers Surplus.
Neither Drillspot or Grainger carry the 220/230V version.
Alternatively I will get a 809 from Brewmasters with a 230 - 110V converter.

Best price I've found is plumbersurplus.com direct with free shipping (you find them also on ebay and amazon). I'm still trying to find a better alternative, but it seems the ones that end up on ebay have been surplus aquisitions from Intel or aerospace or some application that would make it questionable for potable usage.

(Although, I did ask Little Giant what kinds of chemicals would render the pump unpotable and he said he couldn't think of any...). There is a 3-MD-HC on ebay right now for $71 that was from Intel. Been there a little while. Seems as though the folks who buy this for brewing don't get rid of them (as opposed to March pumps).

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/...6-power-cord-(578603)/57399/Cat/1006?RefID=CJ

and don't forget the 2-MD-HC. It's really not that different than the 1/25 hp 3-MD-HC in terms of power. It's the one I'll be getting.
http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/...p-6-(1-8m)-power-cord-(580613)/57415/Cat/1006

EDIT: D'oh! Sorry, should have read more of the post.

Used PlumbersSurplus myself. Not impressed at all. It took a month to get (!). I might use them if I was in the States, but never again Internationally. I had to swallow a huge brokerage fee due to their inability to read, which they then tried to blame on me. Nice. I ended up paying more than I would have locally when the potential savings was ~$50. Grrrrr...

Try contacting Little Giant themselves and see if they have a SA distributor. It is worth a try. Good luck in your search!

OMG. So I just ordered my pump on Monday and it's Friday and my order is "Processing". Certainly not impressed with plumberssurplus either. I may cancel my order and go with someone more customer service oriented for the extra $5.

Somewhere on their website it says 3-4 day processing. I got a pump from them and it worked just fine. It took a few days but I didn't have any wort waiting so it was ok.

My delivery is scheduled for the 15th. That's more than 2 weeks.

I was told that they didn't have one in stock and had to get one from LG. Isn't that the whole concept of "surplus"? Misnomer.

Back