Anyone here live in Canada? (looking for Stubby bottles)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvh

Reaction score
Specifically in the greater Ontario area?

It's my understanding that Brick Brewing in Kitchener, CA has reintroduced the stubby bottle to Canada's drinking masses. This stubby bottle is hard to come by in the states, save Red Stripe and their painted-on labels. I just stopped into my local homebrew store today to learn they'd recently found a case of them from forever ago, buried in back with flip tops, and just sold them all off. *sigh*

I'd like to bottle in a stubby, as would LostNFoam, as stated a month ago here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=20254

Yes, Australia still has them, but it's much more to ship them here...

I'm wondering if anyone up there has a stockpile (or would be willing to make a stockpile) in trade for ... shipping and some homebrews?

Just a thought. I've looked everywhere else, to no avail.

Any other suggestions?

thanks guys...

kvh.

I don't live in Ontario, so I haven't heard of this brewery (pretty sure we don't get them in Alberta). But every now and then I see beer in stubbies (not Red Stripe). I will keep my eyes open for you.

One thing, though -- do you think they will work well for homebrew? A problem with stubbies is that the 'glug' away like when you empty a carboy full of water into the sink. I wonder if it would stir up the sediment at the bottom of the bottle too much when pouring?

you make a good point -

however by the time we've finished most bottles, regardless of shape, the yeast is already stirred up anyway. I hear the vitamin B in it helps cure hanovers. (I've heard yeast may contribute to diahrreah... hm..)

well, I haven't gotten sick from my beer yet (in that way)...

thanks for your help..

kvh

Well Storm Brewing here in Nfld (local micro ) bottle a lot of their beer in 241 ML stubbies like I used to drink Labatts from years ago. I bottle some of my brews using this as I did back when. No trouble if you use a flocculent yeast. And the labels he uses are paper.

Back