modern marvels tonight history chanel history of brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonp9576

Reaction score
my dad just called me and said they are doing the history of brewing beer and going to the dog fish head brewery on modern marvels tonight on the history chanel. i think its on at 6.

hahaha, i set it to record the brewing one and i saw the BBQ one next and i was like "YES!"

Iv seen it before, It makes me want to brew today. wish they did a show just on home brew!

Great program, I really haven't seen a bad episode of Modern Marvels, but any of the alcohol based ones are excellent (Beer, Wine, Liquor).

damn I picked my son up, got home early and completely forgot to set the DVR or watch the episodes. Maybe they will reshow them.

i was at work and caught a few minutes of it. sadly my kids walked up (i work at an after-school program) and i had to change the channel. anybody know when they'll they'll have another broadcast?

I knew i was gonna be out of town so i set the dvr. i did catch just a few minutes before i leftm wish i had know about the bbq episode, would have recorded it too even though im pretty sure ive seen it before.

Just finished watching it again. It covers quite a bit in a short period of time.

So I just got around to watching this. It really was interesting, and at least tried to explain the process in an intelligent way. Of course, they had to use budweiser as the example of how to brew :rolleyes:

Did anyone notice how much darker the stuff they pulled from the fermenter was than the final product (after they add more water?)? ;)

During the Sam Adams bit, I almost had my wife talked into buying me a bottle of Utopias for Christmas, till she asked how much it was.......

During the Sam Adams bit, I almost had my wife talked into buying me a bottle of Utopias for Christmas, till she asked how much it was.......

Ahh The kicker :rolleyes:

I also got busy and forgot to DVR surely it will air again soon? No dice on Hulu. but I think it takes 3 weeks after airing to appear there.

I just saw this yesterday for the first time. Good show I thought. I really love history, which is really why I got into mead making/drinking, in the first place.

Has anyone here used that mix of herbs (yarrow, etc.) in their beer instead of hops?

Major fakeout, Creamy. I didn't see OP's date. So I checked out history channel, and wouldn't you know there's a Modern Marvels marathon on today. Hmm, that must be it. But wait it's not there. Oh, because this is a 3 year old thread.

Major fakeout, Creamy. I didn't see OP's date. So I checked out history channel, and wouldn't you know there's a Modern Marvels marathon on today. Hmm, that must be it. But wait it's not there. Oh, because this is a 3 year old thread.

Got me too. Doh!

I just saw this yesterday for the first time. Good show I thought. I really love history, which is really why I got into mead making/drinking, in the first place.

Has anyone here used that mix of herbs (yarrow, etc.) in their beer instead of hops?

By the way, I'm assuming your familiar with the term gruit and are asking about a specific mixture? Otherwise search gruit lol.

Back