Fast conditioning beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AaronM

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a need for a recipe that can be fermented and consumed relatively quickly. Unfortunately, I have a Belgian Tripel that is still in primary and it will be some time before it is drinkable. Fortunately, I have a Belgian Tripel and it will be DAMN good once it is drinkable.

:rockin:

Newbroower said:
Hello All,

I have a need for a recipe that can be fermented and consumed relatively quickly. Unfortunately, I have a Belgian Tripel that is still in primary and it will be some time before it is drinkable. Fortunately, I have a Belgian Tripel and it will be DAMN good once it is drinkable.

:rockin:

Ipa lower in alc% work real well. Could have them brewed and drinkable in a bottle in 3 to 4 weeks.

Many beers can be ready quickly. A good one that is super quick is a mild. Those are often grain to glass by day 10 for me, with kegging. Otherwise, any lower OG non-complex beers would work well. Ambers, lower OG pale ales, many English styles (ordinary bitter, ESB, pale ale), and so on.

I have an Amber that I will be bottling on the 19th of December. I am relatively new and I would like to have some quick turnaround brews in addition to the high OG beers so that I don't chew my fingernails off while waiting on them to be ready. The Amber doesn't taste bad (last few hydrometer readings) and it has been 8 days. I'll take your advice and try some other lower OG brews.

A basic German/Bavarian Hefeweizen made with a proper starter and fermented in the mid 60s can be turned around in 21 days with bottle conditioning or less depending on how long it takes to carbonate. If you keg it perhaps as soon as 14

Back