quick portable co2 system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendozer

Reaction score
so for taking kegs to parties, beaches, etc I want a portable system. I've been scavenging CL for used tanks but they're pricey (just saw a 10# for $70!). So i want to use cheap $20 paintball tanks. I know there's this adapter that makes it easy.
is it all i need if i already have a spare regulator and barb?

so for taking kegs to parties, beaches, etc I want a portable system. I've been scavenging CL for used tanks but they're pricey (just saw a 10# for $70!). So i want to use cheap $20 paintball tanks. I know there's this adapter that makes it easy.
is it all i need if i already have a spare regulator and barb?

Yep.

Buy a bunch of paintball o-rings. You will shred one every time you unscrew the adapter from the tank. Some teflon tape helps, too. Be careful when you unscrew it, it can get "exciting".

is there another adapter i can just leave on the tank then connect to my reg?

No, the adapter pushes the pin in the paintball tank so CO2 comes out. You leave the adapter screwed into the regulator and then screw painball tank into adapter. I've not had issues with the o-ring being shredded thru 4 or 5 fills.

bringing it back to life to ask this...

how much to set regulator at psi-wise for dispensing for beer that's already carbed up to 12 psi? I'll be using 5' of tubing with two lines coming from the reg. It's for a party so I want to make sure my paintball tank can handle that.

12 psi isn't a carb level. How many volumes is your beer carbed to?For 5ft of beverage line you should be pouring with only a couple psi so it doesn't foam.

bringing it back to life to ask this...

how much to set regulator at psi-wise for dispensing for beer that's already carbed up to 12 psi? I'll be using 5' of tubing with two lines coming from the reg. It's for a party so I want to make sure my paintball tank can handle that.

my bad i meant it's pressurized at 12 but my carbs are 2.3-2.5 vols.
so once it's fully carbed just hook up my paintball tank and dispense at 3-5 psi?

Latest posts

Back