looking at the blackberry wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bull

Reaction score
im looking at my blackberry wheat ,drinking a cherry wheat ,hmmmmm,trying to imagine the sweet taste of my blackberries insteed of cherries in this store bought beer ,did i say store bought? yes i did ,even when ya think youll never buy another ,well s#*#,happens ,lmao,but i did get to smell my beer via through the air lock ,and am waiting on better times .shouldnt be to long ,i was thinking on two weeks in the secondary ,but ,the liquid yeast did ferment out really clean ,may ill have to bottle it up at one week ,but if i do that then i will only be closer to drinking some before its time ,oh the delima of home brew ,lmao ,ever had that problem? your beer bud bull .:confused:

I feel ya bull

We just finished bottling our blackberry wheat inspired by your thread before. I opened the primary up tonight to rack it into the secondary and it was so clear I decided just to skip the secondary and bottle it right away. I think that might turn out good because I understand this type of beer is allowed to be cloudy.

But you know what was surprising ? The Bananas! I totally was not expecting that, the banana smell is very strong. Fortunately when I tasted it, it didn't taste of bananas, but it also didn't have near as much blackberry flavor as I was hoping for. Next time I try it I'm going to go with 6oz blackberry extract instead of 4, or possibly try some real fruit.

Like you, I'm really looking forward to drinking it. It really does smell good. The overflow where the fermentation blew out the airlock smelled like a blackberry muffin factory exploded.

Anyway, I'm going to try and let it sit for a couple weeks in the bottles before I break down and drink it. Had to have a taste tonight while I was bottling it, but other than that going to do my best to wait it out with ya.

sounds cool ,i didnt really get a banana smell ,but i really didnt think of it when i racked over to secondary ,ya did use the california yeast huh?
cause the german strand is supposed to have notes of banana and cloves .but ia am happy that some one has tried the recipe also ,now when we say lets have a beer ,itll almost like were at the same place toasting to a good batch.i think im going to go ahead and bottle up mine this week end ,i have been working so much ,i dont want to risk not getting to bottle it because of work ,,hey any one out there know what i have to do to get my micro brewers license ,my buddy openned up a store and was wanting to stock hm up with some good brews ,your beer bud forever bull .

ive tried the blackberry wheat again and yes i have got it right .oh yea .i added 1 oz.of extract to the secondary ,seems that was the ticket.

I tried it again last spring, but I split mine in two and did 1/2 black berry and 1/2 peach. The peach was kind of "meh" but the black berry was really good - it didn't last long. I'll do it again this year when the black berries come in.

Back