Currently brewing 1st ever batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FoeKillerCreek

Reaction score
Thanks to ya'lls help, just put in my bittering hops on my 1st batch:rockin:, mmmmm smells good! Wish me luck.

CB.

BB IIPA. Everything went smooth for the most part. While I was racking into fermenter, I noticed the "whirlpool" did not take and the trub was all across the botttom of the kettle. I only had 4.5 gals in my bucket at that point *panic*

No trub filter, or paper towels (damn you swmbo)
no spare spring water
Boil some water to add, no can't add hot water
Fudge!
Alright, made sure lip of kettle was sani, held it tight and used it to screen as much trub as I could straight from kettle to fermenter - 5 gals! Hope I didnt muck it up.

Happily awaiting bubbling airlock...and waiting..etc. 24 hours alter, I realize...no water in airlock! Doh! Add water, go out and drink beer. come back a few hours later...gurgle, gurgle.

Yay, something!

Since the airlovk was in place with cap, etc. I should be pretty safe from infection, yeah?

Anyways, I've got action, it's my first batch and I am happy regardless. :ban:

Thanks,

CB.

And I got home and had some krausen, i wanna dip my balls in it!

Only 1 little bubble every 3-5 secs, normal?

CB

Let me be the first to say rdwhah.

Seriously no such thing as normal. Just forget about the beer (unless your dry hopping) for 2-3 weeks.

I only check temps.

Edit: congratz

it will get easier. It took me until my 6th batch where nothing went "wrong" but they have all turned out great.

Back