cider house rules

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graphicsguru

Reaction score
looking to do our first cider. anybody have any suggestions of a good recipe.
tend to like the higher gravity stuff, but am open for suggestions:rockin:

Man, I love Apfelwein

It's simple, cheap, you cannot screw it up, AND it will get you drunk!

What more could you ask for?

Man, I love Apfelwein

It's simple, cheap, you cannot screw it up, AND it will get you drunk!

What more could you ask for?

True, true and TRUE! Although it takes time to age. You might want to make a cider will apple juice and beer yeast at the same time as Apfelwein to hold you over until the Apfelwein has had enough time to mellow. I used wyeast 3068 for mine, and it was very drinkable at 1 month aside from a strange peanut butter taste/aroma. Although at 2 months it has subsided and I have a great cider around 6 - 6.5% ABV :D

True, true and TRUE! Although it takes time to age. You might want to make a cider will apple juice and beer yeast at the same time as Apfelwein to hold you over until the Apfelwein has had enough time to mellow. I used wyeast 3068 for mine, and it was very drinkable at 1 month aside from a strange peanut butter taste/aroma. Although at 2 months it has subsided and I have a great cider around 6 - 6.5% ABV :D

DUDE did not know that was an option... ... THANKS!

I take Sundays off but on monday YOU will be considered the hero of the day Mr. SeamusMac:tank:

True, true and TRUE! Although it takes time to age. You might want to make a cider will apple juice and beer yeast at the same time as Apfelwein to hold you over until the Apfelwein has had enough time to mellow. I used wyeast 3068 for mine,
+++ On this.
I use WLP300 and it makes a killer cider ready to drink in one month to 2 months depending on how thirsty you are. Too be honest if I have some of the quick cider (5gal AG, 2 lbs sugar or 3 lbs honey) or Apfelwein nicely aged in bottles, ALL of my friends prefer the the WLP300 quick cider. (I call it Dickens cider just because I like the name). :ban:
To each their own, and you can experiment till you find what you and yours enjoy.
Best of luck.

Back