going through withdrawls

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wstein

Reaction score
Dang, I am almost out of my first 2 batchs of HB. Having to drink the commercial stuff. Guess that will teach me to believe 4 cases worth will hold me over for awhile.

Glad I have 3 batchs currently going in different stages (recently bottled, waiting to be bottled, and in the primary). Now I need to plan my bnext brew for this or next weekend.:tank:

If you have enough bottles to bottle the batch that is "waiting to be bottled", then you could start drinking the already bottled (albeit green) beer now. Then, as long as you don't drink it too fast (make it last at least 3 weeks), then the "waiting to be bottled" beer will be ready! I know it is a no-no to be impatient and drink premature beer, but even this beer will be better than the commercial stuff, no? But, good job on brewing subsequent batches. Sounds like you will be good for a while. :D

i have enough bottles, went out and bought a bunch yesterday to go with the butt load I currently have.

I haven't brewed in over a month, and both batches I have in bottles now are aging for the winter. I'm getting yet another friend into homebrewing, so we're brewing tomorrow after we go by our LHBS and pick up his equipment. :rockin:

I own 8 corneys--- currently all but one are empty--- and the one that is full is not done yet.

40 gallons can turn out to be 'not enough'. That's part of the reason I wish there was a brew calculator that worked closely in concert with a calendar to help schedule when to make beer.

While I do not agree with every entry, this was put out earlier, maybe last year:

Style When to Brew When to Drink
Altbier 1st Oct mid Dec
Barley Wine 1st Feb mid Dec
Belgian Strong Aale, Trappist 1st Aug end Jan
Belgian White 1st June end July
Biere de Garde/Saison 1st Feb end May
Bitter 1st Oct mid Nov
Bock 1st Jan end March
Brown Ale US 1st Nov end Dec
Brown Ale UK 1st Sept end Oct
California Common 1st Sept end Oct
Doppelbock 1st Nov end Feb
Dortmunder 1st Nov end Dec
Dunkelweizen 1st April mid May
Extra Special Bitter 1st Oct mid Dec
Eisbock 1st Sept end Feb
Festbier 1st April mid June
Fruit Beer 1st April mid to late June
Imperial Stout 1st Jan mid Dec
India Pale Ale 1st March end June
Kolsch 1st March end March
Lambic 1st March end May 1st June end Feb
Lager US 1st April end June
Maibock 1st Feb end May
Marzen/Oktoberfest 1st Feb late Aug
Mead mid Dec mid Dec
Mild Ale 1st Sept end Sept
Munich Helles/Dunkles 1st Jan end March
Old Ale 1st May end Sept
Pale Ale 1st March end March end April mid June
Pilsener 1st Feb end April
Porter 1st Feb end Feb
Red Ale 1st Feb end Feb
Scotch Ale 1st April end Dec
Scottish Ale 1st Sept mid Oct
Schwarzbier 1st Dec mid Jan
Smoked Beer 1st Sept mid Nov
Spiced Ale mid Oct end Dec
Stout, Dry end Jan end Feb
Stout, Specialty 1st Oct end Nov
Weisse, Berliner 1st June end July
Weizen 1st June mid July
Weizenbock mid July mid Dec

OK, format did not copy over...do a cut and paste into Word and tab over the second and third columns to make your own chart.

homebrewer_99 said:
What constitutes a buttload? I have over 20 cases of 1/2 liter bottles in my collection...:D ;)

Point being...you may never have enough...

ok then I guess I need to redefine my definition of butt load then. I had almost enough to bottle the next batch. Had to buy up enough to bottle up the one I brewed last night. So I have about 100 bottles in various stages of prep (soaking to remove labels, soaking in a sanatizer, or in storage waiting to be preped or waiting to be filled then emptied)

Back