How many kegs fit in this chest freezer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sanyo 4910 (recently discontinued from BB) was only 4.9 CF...2 kegs.

If you can look for the 14.8/15CF at BB. It is 48" long and will hold 8 kegs, a tank and the shelf can hold a case or so. You'll have to remove the blue plastic dividers though. ;)

The Sanyo 4910 (recently discontinued from BB) was only 4.9 CF...2 kegs.

If you can look for the 14.8/15CF at BB. It is 48" long and will hold 8 kegs, a tank and the shelf can hold a case or so. You'll have to remove the blue plastic dividers though. ;)

Yeah 15 CF is a bit big. - i want something that can hold 2 or 3 corrnies...

Kegs-new.jpg

Yeah 15 CF is a bit big. - i want something that can hold 2 or 3 corrnies...

I have a 7.4cu Kenmore that holds 3 cornies and a 5lb cylinder with very little space to spare. I put bottles on the compressor 'hump/ledge' and the basket holds hops and yeast.

I would also like to brew some lagers at some point - i assume i could fit a carboy in there too if i took out the kegs?

Yeah, carboy will fit. But you will not want to wait until the lager is done fermenting to have kegs on tap amigo.

I've got the GE 5.0 cf with a collar and it holds 4 cornies if I put the gas outside, or three with the gas inside. Without the collar it could probably hold 2 cornies and a small co2 tank.

Has anyone used the GE with a carboy?

I'm trying to find the smallest footprint chest freezer to have one fermentor going and 2 cornys or 3 just three cornys.

i've got two cornys sitting in a 5 cu ft that I just bought at Lowe's for $159

I got one of these too and love it. I ferment in cornies, so I'm good to go...no mods necessary! Hell, i think there's even room for a bucket on the ledge without adding a collar.

Does anyone have pics of these small freezers? It would save me some time/miles from driving all over to look for one.
thanks

Back