Fast fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reno316

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. Another question from the FNG here...

Made a Pale Ale from a kit by Brewer's Best.

Followed instructions, pitched yeast, airlock, and set in a corner of the den where temps are a pretty steady 66-68 degrees.

Got some vigorous bubbling action about 32-36 hours in, and it was active for a good 4-5 days.

Then it stopped. I've seen almost no bubble action at all since day 5.

In my past experiences, fermentation takes a good two weeks, sometimes closer to three weeks, before the bubbles die off. This one, being done in less than a week, seems.... odd.

Is it abnormal to have fermentation done in a week? Or should I swirl the beer, get the turb back into the beer and see if it continues to ferment?

Gracias, as always, y'all.

-- Jeff B

Every beer will ferment differently and activity in the airlock just means that a lot of gas is escaping or little to no gas is escaping but means almost nothing regarding fermentation itself

Want to know what the beer is doing and where it's at-Take a gravity reading!

What you are experiencing is neither normal nor abnormal, it is what it is................

Back