Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callmebanks

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Not sure if this is the right forum to be posting into -- but I'm just looking to meet some other homebrewers in the KW area in Ontario to chat with.

I'm a beginner/intermediate brewer that's still stuck on extract-brewing, but is upgrading from solely-extract to steeping with grains and hops. If you're in the KW area and would like to hang out, I'd love to pick your brain and learn more about the art and science in homebrewing!

Thanks, and take care
Marc

Hey there! I'm in Cambridge and brewing with extract and specialty grains. I try to brew about once a week and if I get ambitious, a bit more. I brewed today but have ingredients for another brew so shoot me an email if you're interested in getting together: peter at wesmoredigital dot ca

There is also a group here on HBT called GRAB (Grand River Area Brewers) and we also meet in person on the last Tuesday of every month. The last couple of meetings have been at my place so that we could share homebrews and that has worked well.

Drop me a line and we can sort stuff out.

Hey guys -- I live in PA now, but am moving to Waterloo sometime around December. Good to know there are at least a few homebrewers in the area. Are there good LHBS in the area?

Good LHBS in the area? In short, no. I personally go to London to get my supplies but I'm brewing extract and I know most guys are going together to get bulk grain buys from a maltster/distributor in Fergus.

Hook up or check out the GRAB group here on HBT and there are some good discussions there. We also meet in person on the last Tuesday of every month.

See you in December!

I buy EVERYTHING in bulk for all grain if anyone in the area needs anything.

OK, so I'm in the K-W area now (live in Kitchener, work in Waterloo) and had a few questions...

(1) Is the GRAB group still active? Are there details for the next meeting?

(2) Someone mentioned getting their supplies in London... which store in particular?

Thanks!

Hey everyone! Is this just for brewing beer, or are the wine-os allowed to participate? I'm new to home brewing in general, but starting with wine. Can I use my wine making equipment to make beer or is it totally different stuff?

Back