Anyone think of any way this would be useful for brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw it online there. I haven't been to the store for a while. I was just thinking who knows what kind of stuff could be converted to brewing.

I have one, and it is used on the water bottle when the family goes camping...I set it up for the SWMBO so she can use for cooking/cleaning at the campsite kitchen....I think it would aerate the wort way too much coming out....:drunk: for my 1-3 gallon bottles i use a fuel siphon with the pump in the middle of the tubing and it's been working pretty well... I bought it from the automotive shop in the dollar dayz bin for 3 bucks....:rockin:

I'm thinking a 5 gallon plastic water bottle in a cooler packed with ice with this sticking out of the top for ummm "Social Gatherings".:tank: Can you carbonte 5 gallons of brew in a plastic jug ??? The camping thing is just another reason i need at least 3of these.
Won't be the first time a cooler got cut up in the name of science.

Im sure you could carbonate 5 gallons in plastic, but thats an interesting risk to take.. The larger the vessel, the larger the amount of liquid and the larger the pressure against the vessels walls.. seems to me it could end VERY badly if it got jostled about..

I store my RO water in those bottles and it's a hassle to have to pick them up to pour out the water when I use it for brewing. I'm often mixing filtered tap water with RO and I also use RO to mix up a batch of starsan.

This pump device would make it handy to just pump out the RO when I need it.

Back