Forgot hop addition, oops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigidogg

Reaction score
So, I was observing rule number 1 (relax, have a home brew) and I forgot to add my last .3 oz of cascade to my pale ale at flame out. I usually transfer this one to a secondary and dry hop with an ounce of cascade anyway. Am I going to miss much from not doing the last hop addition or will the dry hopping cover it? And, if it would cover it, should I take the last hop addition out of my recipe entirely? Thanks in advance for the replies.

im thinking you'll be OK, but if you don't want those hops to go to waste, you could make a hop tea out of them and toss that into the fermenter. or you could add them to your dry-hop amount. as for your last question, that depends - if you like what comes out, then i wouldn't change a thing.

A flameout add will dissolve oils that dry hopping will not and retain oils that boiling, even for a few minutes, will drive off. But if you had other aroma adds, I wouldn't worry about it.

Back