Green Gorilla IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokenanchor

Reaction score
Here's a new label that I slapped on bottles today. It's a recipe based off of eschatz's Two Hearted Clone with a few changes here and there. I made a few renditions of the label by just changing the background color, and decided I liked all of them, so I used all of them. I forgot to put the OG FG and IBU's on it, and realized once it was on the bottle that the text on top was a bit hard to read. It's supposed to say "Dry Hopped For a Mean Green Taste", and does if you get really close, and are only on your first beer. Feel free to comment/criticize.

5597031244_1863b88e98.jpg

5596448259_6183727f5d.jpg

5596448449_6b30d610df.jpg

The one thing that might, and I say might because I really like your label the way it is, but if you had the gorilla coming out of the background, like his arms in front of the oval, but maybe keeping your brewery name on top of the arms, might make it pop more, but like I said it is a maybe...

...maybe you already tried that and didn't like it, I am just interested to know what it would look like.

Thanks guys I had a lot of fun making this label. If I make a t-shirt you'll be the first to know chunklefunk. I did try putting the gorilla in front of the oval, but based on how I sketched him I didn't think it look quite right. Here it is with him in front. I obviously can't change the batch that's already labeled, but I might do the next batch with the revision. Let me know what you think.

5599204618_8683c3fd54_z.jpg

I like that too, but if you could get the bottom of his body inside the oval, that would make it look even better, like he was emerging from the oval.

Either way, still looks great! Keep up the good work!

Here is an tutorial to make a very similar label if anybody is interested. It requires Adobe Illustrator to make the label though.

reminds me very much of a local brewery's label (sorry about the huge size):
Caged_alpha_monkey.jpg

i like yours better.

Here is an tutorial to make a very similar label if anybody is interested. It requires Adobe Illustrator to make the label though.

Yep, that is exactly what I used as a guideline, and then made some modifications like sketching out the gorilla and using live paint on it. I used to create different labels for each beer that I brewed, but I'm getting in the habit of using this template since it's so easy and I like the look of it. I just killed off a summer citrus wheat with labels, and next is a chocolate coffee RIS.

I really like the CONCEPT of having the monkey coming out of the oval, but when I actually see it something doesn't look quite right about it. Love the labels though! They look professionally designed. Great job!

Back