Wrong yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cos

Reaction score
Made a lager tonight and planned to pitch 2 packets of dry lager yeast at 55 deg. Accidentally put in a packet of ale yeast first. Wasn't sure what to do after that, so I went ahead and pitched the 2 packets of lager yeast.

I'm guessing the ale yeast will not work at 55 and hopefully will just drop out.

Any thoughts?

Made a lager tonight and planned to pitch 2 packets of dry lager yeast at 55 deg. Accidentally put in a packet of ale yeast first. Wasn't sure what to do after that, so I went ahead and pitched the 2 packets of lager yeast.

I'm guessing the ale yeast will not work at 55 and hopefully will just drop out.

Any thoughts?

I have seen Belgian yeast work in the upper 50's but it was going really slow. I'm sure the lager yeast will have the upper hand but you are going to have some cold stressed out ale yeast...could make a slight difference.

Back