What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Samuel Adams Imperial Stout. I was prepared to comment on how horrible this beer is based on the last three of these I had. This thing has been stored away in the bottom of my beer fridge for atleast 2 years and forgotten. I really can't say anything bad about what this beer has transformed into with age. Not too bad at all.

image-4003162355.jpg

If I were feeling any better, I'd be enjoying my Christmas beer. But, I'm staving off...something...so I'll keep teetotal for a few days. However, I am exploring the possibility of buying either a bottle of Cognac, Drambuie, or any spirit that would be useful for illnesses.

I did give two coworkers some beer today, though. I don't know if I'll have the same spirited response that I did before, but I'm sure they'll let me down easily.

Sixth Glass Quadrupel Ale, From Boulevard's Smoke Stack series. This stuff is really good! Next up is a Tank 7, then a Snow Hound Winter Ale from Big Sky Brewing...

The quad felt like getting kicked in the nuts. Rough. Tank 7 is horribly peppery to my taste, but it's a hit in kcmo. They even sell it at ghetto gas stations in the four packs which is an odd thing to find.

If you can find it, try the Harvest Dance. Nice seasonal.

I'll be happily trade regularly if some one is willing. I haven't had an abrasive yet but ill definitely trade for it. Or need to take a trip around American getting brewski's

You can buy it online. Search for Haskells Liquor Store. Great selection. Found some Matilda, Jolly Pumpkin, a few uncommon lambics. They also have the Surly stuff.

first bottle of cluster single hop IPA. hmm....tough to pin down. smells like weird fruity grass, taste's is kinda herbal and a little buttery/oily. might be better after a week and a half.

highgravitybacon said:
You can buy it online. Search for Haskells Liquor Store. Great selection. Found some Matilda, Jolly Pumpkin, a few uncommon lambics. They also have the Surly stuff.

Sadly that one does not ship to Texas. Many of them don't but I know a few who do. Next time I order ill check the stores I can order from.

Nordeast - is that similar to the Dogfish Burton Baton? If so (and the appearance is similar) then that is probably a d@mn fine ale!

It's the same style, though I haven't had the DFH to compare. They don't make it out here. It's a really good style of beer, not many commercial examples but a good one is a fine thing.

I haven't had an abrasive yet but ill definitely trade for it.

PM sent buddy. :mug:

Had a Mad Hatter IPA with my spaghetti dinner, and now this for dessert.

HPIM1646.jpg

My CaliV IPA-with Organic Horizon to bitter,Citra flavor-finish+ a little Horizon, then dry hopped with Amarillo. GW organic base malt + a little home-toasted malt,crystal 40/60 and some raw sugar. Great yeast (CaliV-harvested from a previous amber beer) finishing at 1.009. One of the best Ipa's Ive ever had.Almost 9 mo bottled also. I didnt exactly have to use alot of these hops also.Its just one of those beers your like, Holy crap-this is good! And still good? Impressive. Too bad I happened to not write all my mashing notes down on it. Got most of it,just not all the details,I should have :( It was a double boil-so guess that was my excuse. Both different beers equally turning out great,the other I entered into a homebrew competion,and I easily should have entered this one as well.

And then a 3.5% NB inspired Ak47palemild with hallertau choc malt/crisp brown malt,carahell,bit of munich and MO base malt. Just,wow.Full bodied/flavored wow. My glass has a half full skeleton of heavy lacing from it.And windsor yeast used also,BTW. Ive had great beers with this yeast,and its fairly clean-maybe sligtly buttery, somewhat more malty but still dry clean and somewhat crisp maybe.I might use it in my next american hopped ipa, the first beer I made with this yeast was suppose to be an esb sort of but was more of an american pale ale.Depends what I can get at my LHBS.

My kegorator has been leaking co2 this o past week or so, so I haven't been able to enjoy any of my homebrew.

But enough of that. Let's have some Mongo from Port Brewing instead!

ForumRunner_20121218_193504.jpg

I'm going to guess molasses.

Very close! I did bottle this one with brown sugar for a bit of molasses character, so good call. It's; M-O, C-80, patent, dark chocolate, victory, roasted barley and wheat. I hopped a little big late, EKG mostly with some fuggle and challenger. Thames valley yeast, s-04 at bottling. I used Tom Mik's RIS recipe from Beer Captured as a base, with a few ideas from Yeti and Brooklyn Dark Chocolate (no flavorings though). I got slight spiciness in the finish, but I think it's the challenger/EKG combo. I can share the recipe if anyone's interested, shoot me a PM.

I just polished this bad boy off.....
HPIM1647.jpg
Time to find the next victim. :mug:

NordeastBrewer77 said:
I just polished this bad boy off.....

Time to find the next victim. :mug:

How'd you like it? I really enjoyed that one. I was at the brewery in September and had a cask conditioned version. Amazing! But I'll settle for the bottled as well. Sad I have only three left. One of them has Nuke's name on it for when he gets to Houston.

Drinking my Founder's Red Rye PA clone, after brewing since xmas of 2010, and then switching to AG this Fall, this is my second AG and best beer yet....I'm sad the keg is almost kicked though :tank:

How'd you like it? I really enjoyed that one. I was at the brewery in September and had a cask conditioned version. Amazing! But I'll settle for the bottled as well. Sad I have only three left. One of them has Nuke's name on it for when he gets to Houston.

Really like it! I've had a few now and I keep grabbing every bottle I see, I wish I could find more than singles. I bet it's amazing on cask!! Do Nuke a favor and turn him on to some Jester King and Southern Star offerings. :mug:

This is another gem of an IIPA. Super good, with I'd gotten more than two.

HPIM1648.jpg

HPIM1649.jpg

Cracked this one open a minute ago and man is it good. It's like strong ale meets pale ale. It's not super hoppy, but the dry hops that the label mentions are definitely present. If it weren't so malty one could even call it a CDA, but as it is it's got way too much malt character to go there. It's a great beer, though, and has aged well.

20121219_000145.jpg

559705_10152320398840434_1842702873_n.jpg

My smoked baltic porter w/ sweet potatoes. Clocked in at 7.5% ABV pretty tasty after a month in the bottles. Should be delicious in a few more weeks.

I am really impressed Nord with how much work you do each night. I finally get to go home tmrw. After crazy training today I could use a beer. Guess it has to wait until tomorrow. Cheers all!!

Yeh, it's rough. :D Your beers are packed and ready to go out tomorrow AM buddy. You're getting one hell of a haul!! :mug:

HPIM1650.jpg

HPIM1651.jpg

Homebrewed pumpkin and plum brown ale. Started out good now its great after a month of sitting in bottles ;)

highgravitybacon said:
The quad felt like getting kicked in the nuts. Rough. Tank 7 is horribly peppery to my taste, but it's a hit in kcmo. They even sell it at ghetto gas stations in the four packs which is an odd thing to find.

If you can find it, try the Harvest Dance. Nice seasonal.

My first bottle of Tank 7 was really peppery too, but I find that with Boulevard's Belgian style beers, age definately helps. The Quad, and the Tank 7 I had earlier had been aging in my beer storage for several months, and the aging really helped with the roughness. I'll see if I can find Harvest Dance, but I'm not holding out any hope. Good beer is hit or miss here in Oklahoma.

Yeh, it's rough. :D Your beers are packed and ready to go out tomorrow AM buddy. You're getting one hell of a haul!! :mug:

View attachment 89264

View attachment 89265

Just grabbed the last of your goodie box and will ship it out this afternoon. I am luck enough to get my teeth drilled on for a bit today, so a cold on after that will be great. Its quite the package too! Lots of Russian River with some other local favorites. Cheers! :mug:

Just grabbed the last of your goodie box and will ship it out this afternoon. I am luck enough to get my teeth drilled on for a bit today, so a cold on after that will be great. Its quite the package too! Lots of Russian River with some other local favorites. Cheers! :mug:

Sweet titties!!! :tank:

Sorry to hear about the drilling, beer'll make it all better. :mug:

Be gone clear Hefe! It is time for Christmas Saison to take your place!

Not drinking the tequila, I bought it as a gift, but very cool presentation for tequila, I thought!

image-4018687583.jpg

The winter warmer/Christmas spiced ale I made. Just added my mom's ginger cookie spices to the boil, using the single batch recipe amounts. Damn delicious, better than I thought it would be. Tastes like a cool 8% ABV glass of spicy ginger cookie.

Also tried a Garrison winter warmer tonight, but I liked my homebrew better. Was supposed to be spiced similarly, but I couldn't find the flavours.

Back