Homebrew Supply Websites

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah I wasn't saying them charging that was ridiculous, it's just ridiculous for me to try and buy grain at that price! It costs more to ship than it costs. I am looking at getting a pallet delivered from Mid Country now to save money shipping and on grain.

I was in Cincinnati this weekend and stopped by Paradise Brewing Supplies. I got the impression that they are a fairly new shop. The owners were very nice and eager to help out with any questions that I had, keep in mind that I am a noob. They had pretty good prices on equipment, and a pretty good selection on hand. They told me that their website is new and still under construction. Currently, they don't have prices on the website, but give them a call. You might be able to get a bit of a discount for larger purchases. They took really good care of me, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. They stated that their shipping policy is to only charge actual shipping.

http://www.paradisebrewingsupplies.com/

Has anyone ordered from esbeer.com before? I accidently entered the email address on my order form incorrectly and sent them an email about it a few days ago and they haven't replied yet, and I'm kind of worried that i'll never see my stuff.

Is there anywhere, preferably on the left coast, that sells bulk orders (5-20 sacks) of grain reasonably and can ship? I just talked to a very nice lady at http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/ this morning, but the $300 it would cost to ship a pallet to me makes it somewhat less attractive.

I'm trying to put together a bulk buy for my regular cobrewers.

FYI,

The co-owner and webmaster of Perfect Brewing Supply in Mt Prospect, IL (my LHBS) passed away unexpectedly shortly before the new year. I future of the company is unknown at this point but there will likely be, understandably, disruptions in orders in the near term.

I live about a half hour from Crosby and Baker in Westport Mass. There a home brew whole sale company. They will sell you stuff if you ask someone in the office nicely. If you catch someone in in the right mood, they will sell retail.

Any one who lives near Westport Mass, go knock on the door with a smile and see what you can score. They even have scratch and dent stuff.

Watch.....now they wont sell retail because I opened my big mouth, lol.

It was previously written in this thread that Morebeer.com offers free shipping on their bulk grain prices.

Well if they did did, that was past practice.

JW

Bumperoo for www.listerman.com If you live east of the Mississippi, there is truly no charge for UPS ground.

I priced out orders with others listed here as "free shippers" and found it aint exactly so.

JW

THIS PLACE IS GREAT!!!!

I bought a bunch from them today and one of the items I bought was cheaper somewhere else
I told them about is and they gave me a gift certificate for the difference

thay are a wonderful company

SwAMi75 said:
I didn't see www.midwestsupplies.com listed. Prices are pretty good, but they make up for it in shipping. I've done a fair amount of business with them, and hae been satisfied.

I didn't realize Morebeer had free shipping....I'll do some comparison shopping with them next time.

Yes Midwest seams to have the best equipment prices and a large selection (If its not sold out). Just ordered from them. $8.62 for shipping. The items was about $4 less then anywhere else.

Mutine Bullfrog said:
It's Listermann.com. (2 "N's" at the end, but I think they will redirect you if you use 1 "N"

Yes it is and yes they will (correct it).

I just ordered over a hundred lbs of grains from them and priced the same order at Morebeer, Austin and Midwest.

I have used leeners.com to purchase many of my brewing supplies. The site is pretty easy to navigate and if you have questions the people are more than willing to help you out. I had an item leak during shipping and after I contacted them, they shipped me another one free of charge and without any hassles.

I ordered from Homebrew Adventures on Monday morning via homebrew.com. I'm in NJ and they're in NC, I think (I wanted to order from someone at least close to where I live). They shipped on Tuesday afternoon and I got the stuff this morning.

Not bad! I want to try the free shipping from morebeer.com, but I worry about stuff taking a long time crossing the country via cheap shipping methods...

I normally order from either Midwest, Northern, or More Beer. I read all these posts and everyone seems hung up on free shipping. There is no such thing. The customer absorbs the cost one way or another. Northern and Austin's fixed rate shipping is decent but you have to watch the product price. I understand where they come from though and it cost money to operate a great business. It isn't a good idea to just buy from the cheapest place. Customer service is very important to me and I don't mind paying a "little bit" more for it. These are good places to shop. Another great online shop is Homebrew Adventures. I noticed a few here in Florida mentioned Hearts. Another great online source and getting more of my business.

Every time I order I open 4-5 browsers and complete the same order at all the listed places as well as AHB and a couple others. The "free shipping" places rarely, if ever have the best price and as mentioned have slower shipping unless you pay to upgrade shipping. I will add that all of these places are great places to shop though with great customer service and if you are ever in their area great places to visit. I have visited Midwest, Northern and More Beer and would die for any of them to be a LHBS for me. I order from all of them from time to time.

My "LHBS" is DeFalco's in Houston and it isn't local. It is a 4 hour or so drive for me but we do it every now and then just for a day trip and to visit family in Houston. Great shop, very knowledgeable staff and an overall good shopping experience. Prices are high on some items such as bulk grain but for me it isn't any different than paying shipping on 55 lb sacks even paying for the gas to drive over. I normally go with the guy I brew with, we stock up and in the long run save some cash and get to meet other brewers. We are working on opening a LHBS here and hopefully it will be a reality soon. Might as well make my Business Degree work for me in an area I love.

Anyone go to GREAT FERMENTATIONS in INDY?
I have to go to Indy for a Business Trip for a few days thinking of swining in ?

I'm opening a new small store in New Orleans.

Brew Ha Ha, the pre-Katrina homebrew shop did not reopen. I moved here recently and have decided to try and do my part to rebuild New Orleans by providing a small homebrew store.

You can order online, we ship anywhere in the world! Please support New Orleans business...I'm from Wisconsin (with a stint in New York City), and moved here to work in music, but realized I could help more by taking up one of the many vacant store fronts.

The website is here-

Brewstock Homebrewing Supplies: Beer & Wine Equipment & Ingredients

I can be reached at-
(504) 208-2788 or [email protected]

Regards,
Aaron

In light of all the Post Christmas "new friends" may I suggest that this thread be stickied?

Also making sure that all of McKBrew's work gets included in it...

It's that time of year again, and lot's of peeps have Christmas Money burning a hole in their brand new levis....This will get asked a HUGE amount of times over the next week.

I looked around and didn't find a sticky in the beginner's forum where this info should be.

I live in Houston, TX so I have two local shops -- B&S Homebrewers Guild and Defalco's. However, I almost exclusively use Midwest Supplies and just have my orders shipped. I have not had great luck with the two local shops -- Defalcos was often out of stock with certain items and B&S just simply has a limited selection. If you live in Houston and want to brew "right now," then either one is ok. Defalcos has a more diverse selection, but B&S has a bit more clean and organized layout.

As for Midwest Supplies (Minneapolis, MN) I have always had very pleasant experiences. Their selection is diverse enough. Also, I end up paying less than the local shops for ingredient kits even with shipping because the WhiteLabs yeast upgrade is reasonably priced. The packaging is professional and the ingredients appear to be fresh.

I have used Austin Homebrew Supply in the past. I would say that AHS and Midwest are very similar, but I can get the extract kits from Midwest for about $5-$10 less than AHS so it is a no brainer for me.

I have used Austin Homebrew Supply in the past. I would say that AHS and Midwest are very similar, but I can get the extract kits from Midwest for about $5-$10 less than AHS so it is a no brainer for me.

We have just lowered our kit prices significantly. Double check if you haven't checked lately. The kit prices are based on the ingredient prices. Our new prices should be close or better than Midwest considering the shipping charges from Minneapolis to Houston.

Forrest

I just went through the list and was surprised I didn't see Cellar Homebrew in north Seattle (The Cellar Homebrew - Brewing and Winemaking Suppliers), soooooo.... here it is.

Shops that ship internationally, specifically to Japan. I am originally from Seattle and talked to the guys at Cellar Homebrew... they ship to Japan.

I searched the thread and it appears that morebeer also ships internationally.

If there are others, please let me know. There are really only 2 places here in Japan that I know of to buy supplies. If they don't have it, you don't get it... I will post the links if there are any other Japan-people here.

For any Canadians looking to buy online without insane shipping charges, or currency conversions (that nice 1:1 exchange is no longer!!), check out Canadian Homebrew Supplies

I placed my first order from them last week, and it arrived in 6 days. 5kg of grain and some Irish Moss. I've since placed an order for 20lbs more grain, plus StarSan and yeast nutrient, shipping was $18. I talked with the owner, very nice guy, was in the middle of a brew when I called.

Back