My single tier brew rig build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smakudwn

Reaction score
First off I need to thank all my friends and family that help me build this rig, and also all the great people on this board. This would not have happened if it was not for this board.

I didn't get too many pictures of the whole building proccess but i figured i would add to the pics of people welding stuff:rockin:

This pic is of us welding up the top of the frame.

100_9176.jpg

Here is a pic of us trying to cut the top off a keg with a cutting torch (don't try it)
100_9177.jpg

Here is the brew stand after most of the welding was complete.

100_9178.jpg

Stand is almost done, just needed the casters and the paint

100_9229.jpg

And here is the final product

100_9548.jpg

All i can say is it has been really fun building this rig and after about 2-3 brews i started to get a hang of it. Going to be brewing 4 batches on this next weekend.

Any problems with too much heat for the MLT? I just bought a pump and am planning a stand, but was going to do a 2 tier (with the MLT down low) so that it doesnt melt when Im heating something else. Or do you take the MLT off before you turn on the burners?

Any problems with too much heat for the MLT? I just bought a pump and am planning a stand, but was going to do a 2 tier (with the MLT down low) so that it doesnt melt when Im heating something else. Or do you take the MLT off before you turn on the burners?

I haven't had any issues yet. A lot of the time i will take off the MLT when i'm boiling just because i'm busy cleaning it out. It gets hot but nothing melts.

How do you heat sparge water in the HLT if you have the MLT sitting there? It's probably better to go HLT, BK, MLT. That way you heat the sparge a full position away and if you wanted to start the boil while you're still running off, you'd only need one minor heat shield.

How do you heat sparge water in the HLT if you have the MLT sitting there? It's probably better to go HLT, BK, MLT. That way you heat the sparge a full position away and if you wanted to start the boil while you're still running off, you'd only need one minor heat shield.

Ive done it about 6 times now and i haven't had any issues with melting. i think it helps that the MLT and Kettle are mounted below the top.

Back