How many bottles a week?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many bottles do you drink a week?

• 1-3 / week

• 3-7 / week

• 8-14 /week

• 15+ / week

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

cell

Reaction score
I am a homebrewer (and I love it), but I only drink about 1 bottle a week. People that surround me doesn't understand my hobby. I'm curious if there are other people like me. Happy homebrewing everyone!

I am a homebrewer (and I love it), but I only drink about 1 bottle a week. People that surround me doesn't understand my hobby. I'm curious if there are other people like me. Happy homebrewing everyone!

Cell, I don't understand your hobby either. One bottle a week? If you make five gallon batches, and give away half of it, it would still take you five months to drink a single batch.

Pappers, your application of math skills to real life is impressive. lol

On average I have 1 or 2 per night. Weekends have no limits.

Two a night on nights have them. It's one reason I bottle - two go into the refrigerator in the morning, so I am not tempted to have more than that (I like my beers). Every now and then I will have a little single malt scotch, maybe four or five nights I will have beer, and some nights nothing.

I'll have 2 or 3 (or 4) pints on Friday or Saturday, and sometimes 2 or 3 more at some point during the week.

I used to drink 1 bottle of beer a MONTH. Then I found micro brew beer and it was 1 bottle a week. Now I make my own beer and its 8-14 a week. Am I worried? No - beer is very good for you.

The flow ( 8 to 14 ) is pretty good but about 15 lbs have stuck on in the last 1 1/2 year.
If i drank only 1 (22 ozer) a week my cardiologist would have a stoke

Cell, I'm with you. Most weeks I'll only drink 1-2. This summer the average has been a little higher because we've had so many get togethers w/ friends. Then I'll try to stick to around 1/hr.

Part of my agreement w/ SWMBO when I got into this was that it wouldn't heavily increase my drinking. I've tried hard to stick to that for the most part. Keeping things in moderation has worked well for me.

Why does the poll only go to 15 a week? I usually have between 3-5 on weekdays and a lot more on the weekends.

1-2 a night on average. I like to try different things and it seems I just can't go a night without at least a glass. It would probably be different if I drank soda or milk or something, but I have pretty much gave up sugar and milk is not tasty for me much anymore. If I had ice tea in the fridge, I'd probably drink less beer, but I'm the only one around here who drinks, so it's up to me to keep the supply low so I can brew more.

One or two Imperial Pints a night during the week, double that (or more) on the weekend.

It's just too easy to pull a pint out of the kegerator.

:drunk:

It just depends. There have been many workweeks where I don't have a single beer and some weeks where 2 -3 a night on weekdays is very doable. Weekend's are anyone's guess.

:D

Most days I drink a 12 oz. bottle of commercial beer and one 500 ML bottle of homebrew. On Saturdays I drink a 500 ML bottle of homebrew and a bomber of something special.

I don't drink most days. Never been in the habit. And yes, it takes months to finish a keg. I have kegged beers that are 4 and 6 years old.

I don't drink most days. Never been in the habit. And yes, it takes months to finish a keg. I have kegged beers that are 4 and 6 years old.

I'm totally the opposite from David. I drink most days. I've always had a beer in the evening, from about age 19 on. The only exceptions were during pregnancy and nursing the babies.

I had about 6 beers yesterday- two sitting on the pontoon boat and cruising slowly around our lake. (The boat is my generous neighbor's). Usually, I have a couple of glasses each night after work, and more after hockey practice. So, I'm somewhere between 15+ and "I don't know".

If drinking interfered with my life, or I drank to get drunk, I'd have to revisit the amount. But at this point, I'm in great health and more fit than many people half my age.

I haven't had a beer since last Sunday, but I kegged 15 gallons this weekend. I don't brew to drink, I brew because I love to brew. If I'm at a party or something like that, I will drink more, but typically, I'm good for 1-2 a week despite my 200+ gallon a year output.

I haven't had a beer since last Sunday, but I kegged 15 gallons this weekend. I don't brew to drink, I brew because I love to brew. If I'm at a party or something like that, I will drink more, but typically, I'm good for 1-2 a week despite my 200+ gallon a year output.

We all know you meant 100G;).I have a stupid question.What do you do with all your beer?I brew every weak(up until the legal limit) And I can barely keep my pipe line filled.

I recently have been forced to address the moderation issue since the birth of our daughter, otherwise it would be much higher. But now I am usually at 1 to 2 pints per night, and if she's away with her grandparents I try and catch a little buzz if I'm in the mood.

I would have to say I drink right around 1-2 homebrews a night. Most nights it is just 1 but sometimes 2 just sound good. On the weekends I usually get 6 pack of a different Micro (although I am running out of new ones to try). I guess on a normal week I'd drink 10-14....unless there is a party going on :drunk:

I put I don't know because I didn't see an option for I drink a lot. I love to have a beer with my dinner and a few more while hanging out with my friends. On weekends, the answer is definitely I don't know.

We all know you meant 100G;).I have a stupid question.What do you do with all your beer?I brew every weak(up until the legal limit) And I can barely keep my pipe line filled.

200 gallons is legal in a multi-person household. Plus, if you only have like 40 gallons on hand, how is anyone going to know? :)

I give away 99% of what I make. Coworkers, roommates, friends, parties, etc. I am just out to brew the best beer I can. I love the process.

Cell, I don't understand your hobby either. One bottle a week? If you make five gallon batches, and give away half of it, it would still take you five months to drink a single batch.

Indeed, it takes me longer than that! I just love the idea to have good quality (or uncommon) beer around me, anytime. And it's so much fun to share.:mug:

I never drink beer unless its an emergency.. now I suppose you are wondering what constitutes an emergency? OK, say it's monday, that would do it for me! just kidding! I usually have one or two beers per night, not too excessive, however my beer is on tap and I use a 1 liter stein :mug:

I don't drink the beer I make I just taste it then spit it out , then I put it in a large trough in the yard and let the bugs eat it. or dump it down the drain
whichever closer.

im in it for the hobby! ... :cross:

I used to drink lots of it when it tasted good last few batches have got me piss'd off ... :mad:

I don't drink the beer I make I just taste it then spit it out , then I put it in a large trough in the yard and let the bugs eat it. or dump it down the drain
whichever closer.

im in it for the hobby! ... :cross:

I used to drink lots of it when it tasted good last few batches have got me piss'd off ... :mad:

Hang in there dude...check thermometer accuracy & have someone over to watch the process and identify possible causes.

I usually have around 5-9 beers a night, so I guess somewhere around 35 beers a week - unfortunately these are all commercial brewed considering I've only brewed one batch so far and it was gone within a few days. I can't believe some of you have the willpower to drink only 1 a week?!

haha, I wish. I have friends over and we will go through half a keg easy. When you only have one or two on tap that goes fast. I dont drink that much but when 5-10 people are over and each have 2-10 beers (i have some friends that can drink) there goes the keg.

This thread has reminded me I need to have my non-brewing lightweight nephew come over and stay a week or so, that way I can count him as a household member and give me another 100 gallons of wiggle room. :)

I would say the most I can drink a night is 2 glass of high octane mead if I want to be alive the next morning. Having taps kind of messes up any counting since I tend to pour half a glass or less, and go back for refill when wanted. But my primary point is there is a big difference between a 15% pint of mead, and a 4% session beer, or at least there is for me. Maybe I'm becoming a lightweight as I get older.

Latest posts

Back