Bud American Ale..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

comj49

Reaction score
I am tasting my first Bud American Ale as I type this (the first Bud product i have tasted in over 6 months actually). I have to say that it isn't too bad! Since i just started making my own beer recently, my pallet isn't as well-rounded to give a detailed description, but it has a nice color and head to it, not a real distinct flavor, but defenitley drinkable. I don't think i will buy it again, but hey, at least i can re-use the bottles (pry-off :ban:)

The "not a real distinct flavor" is what made me smirk.

The large brewers are like politicians, they feel that they have to make beer that appeals to as many people as posslible, while offending very few.

That said, I'll probably try a pint when it's on tap in the bars and I'm already pissed about the Lions getting blown out AGAIN.

I had some of this at a local beer tasting, it had a good aroma but that is about all. There was not much in the way of taste....I wouldnt recomend it at all.

Not a distinct flavor?

It tastes like dry crystal 40, and that is after it has warmed up. The Michelob Pale Ale has more hop presence than this.

I am not saying AA is a horrible beer but, it isn't a surprise or an eyeopener.

Try the second of reference if you can, now that is a surprise coming from Macro (still not great but definitely in the right direction).

I saw it at the grocery store yesterday, along with the micros. They were charging $6.50 for a 6 pack, when I could get a 6er of Deschutes or various other micros for $6.99. It seemed like a no-brainer. I don't know that pricing your beer competitively with craft brews is a good decision, although I'm sure they've done their share of market analysis.

Tried this beer and for the price ($6.99) it was not bad. I think it had a good aroma and also a nice flavor. It is a good beer to use to get people who only drink Bud/Miller macro into something towards craft beer.

@Laurel: $6.99 for micro brewed beer? You are lucky. You cannot get a decent six pack of that where I live for less than $8.99.

Latest posts

Back