Couldn't Resist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cape Brewing

DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just added this pic to another thread but I couldn't resist... I think it's too damn funny.

I'm going with "What drinking problem?? Just 'cause I have a little stock pile doesn't mean anything!"

This is my garage right now....

IMG_1874.JPG

Ok... I'll come clean...

I had a 70-Corny order from Pedalbiker show up today. Only six of those are mine... but... with the six I already have I'll be up to a dozen. The rest is for my brew club. I organized a group-buy for the club.

Just wanna give mad props to pedalbiker. The kegs are in fantastic shape and almost every one of the 70 came holding pressure (luckily the shipping company was probably unaware of that).

Ok... I'll come clean...

I had a 70-Corny order from Pedalbiker show up today. Only six of those are mine... but... with the six I already have I'll be up to a dozen. The rest is for my brew club. I organized a group-buy for the club.

Just wanna give mad props to pedalbiker. The kegs are in fantastic shape and almost every one of the 70 came holding pressure (luckily the shipping company was probably unaware of that).
OK, I was gonna say, how do you all of that stuff and stay married? Still, rather impressive. :rockin:

I count 63 in the picture.

Find a weak spot in the fence at the cola plant did we?

Nah... I explained above... and there better be 70!! Or I'm dealin' Pedalbiker some lumps!!!!:p

Nah.. again.. great transaction and I'm really happy with the whole thing. Fantastic price, theyre in great shape and they were here in two days being shipped frieght which I think was pretty damn good.

Nah... I explained above... and there better be 70!! Or I'm dealin' Pedalbiker some lumps!!!!:p

Nah.. again.. great transaction and I'm really happy with the whole thing. Fantastic price, theyre in great shape and they were here in two days being shipped frieght which I think was pretty damn good.

[/Slaps head for getting to zealous with scroll button smiley]

Makes sense. I am an absolute whore for a deal and a pack rat with regards to my current obsession. I have 20 kegs and in ~3 years have never had them all full.

When I'm not building that GODDAMN AG rig, I typically have all six of my kegs full and I could honestly use the six others I just got.

The rig will do 15 gallon batches no problem and that's really what I plan on doing. I'll take 5-10 and then have the rest shared with a club member when we do "buddy brews". Having the extra kegs that I can use as secondaries or just have an little stock pile won't suck. I run six taps on the bar so having a dozen kegs isn't all that much. Sooner rather than later I'll probably be looking for a couple more.

This is too funny though... wait until my wife comes home...

"What honey?? You KNEW when the rig was done I was going to start making more! I NEED that many kegs!"

She'll just shake her head and stomp into the house in a huff. I can't wait.

That's nuthin'... check out my gallery. I have the coolest wife in the history of the planet

Checked out your gallery. I officially hate you now.

Seriously, about how long did it take to build the bar and acquire all the gear? Just a guess-timate. Is it in a basement, converted garage, or a converted spare room?

Checked out your gallery. I officially hate you now.

Seriously, about how long did it take to build the bar and acquire all the gear? Just a guess-timate. Is it in a basement, converted garage, or a converted spare room?

It's a basement. We moved into the house in '03 and while we were looking at it I just happened to notice the completely bare basement. "hmmmmmmmm.. I might know something I can do with THAT!"

It took me just over a year but that's becuase I did 100% of the work myself in my "free time". It was a lot of late nights and early mornings. All the gear wasn't too bad... by the time I was done hammering nails,I had almost everything.

The only thing that came a bit later was the pool table becuause I was looking for a very specific style. That table is a 9ft antique Brunswick. It's at least 100 years old. I pulled it out of a guy's barn in upstate New York for $300. He had NO CLUE what he had on his hands. I was going to tell him what it was actually worth but I forgot. I completely stripped it and re-did the entire thing by hand.

The funny part was, once it was all done, I was all excited... and then realized... it won't fit down the stairs... And there's no outside access to that basement... so I knocked down a wall.

Got that sucker in there though!

Very nice bar. I can't wait to finish my kegerator, then next my bar. I don't get much time to work on stuff with a 3 month old, but it's so awesome seeing it finally come together. I can't imagine the pride you have from building that!

Ok, I checked, but I didn't see your wife in any of those pics. ;)

Dat's true... although she's in my profile pic.

Nah, I can't believe the stuff she lets me get away with. She just shakes her head and tells me to make sure I make her the occasional hefeweisen and ESB and we're cool. Between the basement bar, the walk-in cooler, the fermentation fridge, the AG rig, me being pres of our local home brew club and having half the meetings (including this year's holliday party) at our house... Oh.. and then there's the pig roast every year...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f56/how-roast-whole-pig-74299/

PLUS she's a big Sox and Pats fan... and actually knows what she's talking about.

Trust me, I thank my lucky stars often.

Damn! Nice garage and basement. You are only a town or so away....time to do some recon. When do you go to bed? :) I bet I can get that pool table out without waking ya!

Seriously...I am so jealous. My basement is still just un-taped sheetrock and I am thinking of ripping down some and re-doing to better suit my "hobbies".

-Will

Damn! Nice garage and basement. You are only a town or so away....time to do some recon. When do you go to bed? :) I bet I can get that pool table out without waking ya!

Seriously...I am so jealous. My basement is still just un-taped sheetrock and I am thinking of ripping down some and re-doing to better suit my "hobbies".

-Will

HAH! Good luck gettin' that sucker outta there. like I was saying on another thread somewhere, once I had that table completely re-finished, I realized it wasn't going to fit down the stairs to the basement and there's no outside access (no bulkhead)...

... so I knocked down a wall.

Knocked down a wall at the bottom of the stairs, pushed the table through the hole and then rebuilt the wall.

Good luck gettin' it out!! That suckers down there for good! :mug:

One town over!!?!? you should head to one of our brew club meetings sometime. South Shore Brew Club

Got any build pics or details on how you built your? I'm interested in those heat shields you got wrapped around your burners and the material you're using on the top of your rig; whether it's burn-proof or not.

I've been debating with myself between building a wooden one, or a metal one.

Thanks man! Looks great!

Got any build pics or details on how you built your? I'm interested in those heat shields you got wrapped around your burners and the material you're using on the top of your rig; whether it's burn-proof or not.

I've been debating with myself between building a wooden one, or a metal one.

Thanks man! Looks great!

I'll have about 5.9 million pics on Monday. As some folks have heard me drone on for months... the rig is still a work in progress.. BUT.. it'll be freakin' done, TOMORROW. Everything is done on it except for the propane lines and the burners and my father is coming up tomorrow morning and running the lines and mounting the burners for me. They're the only things I didn't do and it's what he does for a living so... makes sense to have him do it and not let me blow the damn thing up.

The heat shields are actually huge strainers that came with the pots. I had no idea what the hell I was going to do with them and then it hit me so I cut 'em in half, flipped 'em over and whammo... heat shields.

I've cut good size holes in the top of the heat shields so I'll get direct heat on the pots and then the top of the stand is cement board supported underneath with angle-iron. Between mounting the burners up off the cement board on small brackets and then the heat shields, I'm really not worried about scorching the top or affecting the wooden stand.

nah... you're set-up is too nice for that kind of rustic look. :mug:

That's what I get for letting HER propose ideas, one at a time to sneak them under the radar.

"Honey, what do you think of these paint colors?"

"What about chair rail like this? It would have some of the wainscot/panel look you wanted...."

"How about a wood flooring that matches upstairs?"

Now I can't go hang "tacky" pictures, mirrors or neon on the walls because it doesn't look right. :mad:

Oh well, Orfy's mild is callin'!

Ok... I'll come clean...

Until I read that post my first thought was: Good God, are they all full?!?!? LOL that's a good pic. It vaguely reminds me of the time I stuffed 20-some cornies into my Dodge Neon and delivered them to the rest of the SEWAGErs in Milwaukee. They fit no problem......

Back